Question on transporting eggs

ChrisnLisa

So we mated our veileds last Wed. and Thurs. Well this weel I was "officially" offered a teaching position in Nevada so we will be moving there in about a month or so. We live in Michigan right now. My question is this...how do we go about transporting her eggs?? Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this? Obviously the timing on this is not ideal. This is her first clutch and we want everything to be perfect. Do any of you have any experience or have any knowledge about taking eggs on a plane with you? Shipping would be out of the question I assume...because of jostling them around and what not. Please please share any ideas or experience you have with such situations. Thank you in advance.

It wouldn't of been so bad during the early stages of development but now I would keep them on my lap and hope for the best.

i dont know about the plane situation. you worried about them getting too hot or too cold? if you techy, you could rig up a portable incubator with small computer fan, hot or cold pack, and thermostat, all to run on batteries. but i would say its a little excessive.

a fanny pack under you shirt shoud keep em in a safe range. just dont look like your smuggling drugs, or chameleons.lol

I don't think a plane ride would harm the eggs as long as its not to rough. Carry them on with some long lasting heat packs.

So I called all the airlines and TSA and they said eggs are absolutely not permitted at all. There is no way for them to know exactly what type of eggs they are so they won't permit them. Makes sense but it still sucks. I contacted a forum member who lives near where we are moving and asked him if we can ship him our gravid girl hoping he will take care of her until she lays. She is due to lay in 2-3 weeks or so and we aren't moving until about a month. Hopefully he says yes. Wish us luck!

Back
Top Bottom