question on infertile and fertile eggs

simpleyork

So here is a question - is it always true that infertile eggs will be an off white/ yellow color?

on an up date only one eggs looks a spotted off color and that is the one that is smaller then the rest circled in red on the bottom right of the first photo also the last photo it is the one on the bottom , the last photo you can see a little how the one on the bottom is a different color slightly then from when it was laid
the rest seem good and white though the pictures aren't that clear

let me know what you think
(when can you start to see veins in the egg?)

Attachments

• P8200124.jpg
    P8200124.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 481
  • P8180117.jpg
    P8180117.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 610
  • P8200122.jpg
    P8200122.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 500
also right now they candle yellow were as my long-nosed leopard lizard eggs candled pink on their first day does that mean they are unfertile or does it take them time to turn the pink color?

well it's been a week and they all look good even the tiny one seems okay

i know it takes a while for them to incubate but how long will unfertile eggs last?

Infertile eggs usually start to mold and go downhill within a couple of weeks, but sometimes they go longer. I always say, don't throw an egg out until you are absolutely sure its not good.

off the subject but look what was waiting for me this morning my last leopard lizard neonate hatched!!!!

Attachments

• leopard lizard1.jpg
    leopard lizard1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 323
well after 10 months of waiting I noticed that two of the eggs just started to "window" they are ready to hatch!!!

Congratulations on the hatchlings, that one looks super adorable already! Good luck with them. Do you have a setup ready for them and food? What will you be feeding them?? More pics???:D

P1000768.jpg

They do have a setup when most have hatched out I'll be moving them together

as far as food I have thousands of very small baby roaches that are the perfect size

They look great, Don't count all your Chameleons before they hatch! JK I hope that all of them hatch and have a very happy life.

They were "incubated" in my closet top shelf which is next to the south facing part of our Utah home. the temps ranged from 68 F to now at close to 78 F due to seasonal temp changes. They didn't show any signs of growth through candling till about February.

how long does it take them to usually start to eat and drink?

I've offered lobster roach nymphs this evening for the ones that hatched out Sunday morning but they did not seem the least bit interested.

just picked up ff cultures today and the first chams that hatched are munching them down!!!!!
26 hatched so far
2 more are pipped
and 2 eggs sweating!!!

Back
Top Bottom