Question on contest about image editing

Skiddles

Are you allowed to use the techqinue called HDR "High dynamic range" where you combine several images of diffrent exposers of the same scene into one image that has a wider range of detail in shadows and highlights?

Here is an example of an HDR image I have done in the past.

431880360_a86151ca1c.jpg

I don't think you can enter the contest with an HDR image but I would love to see one anyway. I've done some in the past but never with a cham.

wow skiddles....that looks nice!...you mind sharing some of the camera settings you take the various shots at? also, what software are you using? Great work :) Thanks bud.

Jim

wow skiddles....that looks nice!...you mind sharing some of the camera settings you take the various shots at? also, what software are you using? Great work :) Thanks bud.

Jim

Usually for landscapes I shoot in Apature Priority Mode. Usually I shoot at F/11 or F/16 but, I've been known to use other settings depending on the situation. If you need some help in a specic area I'd be more then happy to help. Theres a lot to photography so it's kind of hard with out a direct question to answer a question. I'll just end up rambling like I am now.

As for software I use Photoshop CS2 and CS3 and Photomatrix to generate the HDR image then tone map it. I have also done HDR's using photohsop but it's so much slower for some reason and I can get the same look out of each program so I just stick with photomatrix. :p

Back
Top Bottom