• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Video Contest
view entries

Prizes:
A combined total of over $900 in prizes. See the following post for more information.

Dates
Entry Deadline: June 28, 2022
Voting Ends: July 14, 2022

Rules
No commercial ads or promotions
Video content must be of a chameleon
Content must be appropriate for kids
Video length must be at least 30 seconds
Video editing is allowed
You must own the copyright to any video you submit.
Unless contradicted here we will use the photo contest system and rules.
We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time and to remove any entry for any reason found necessary.

How to enter
Video contest entries must be hosted on a third party media site. Examples include YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and Vimeo. We recommend YouTube. To enter the contest simply paste your video's URL address to the contest category linked below. Please retain a copy of the video until the contest is over. If you need help don't hesitate to ask.

Content
Video content is expected to range from fun and comical to educational.

Examples
2011 Contest - Youtube
2012 Contest - Youtube
2017 Contest - Media Gallery
2019 Contest - Media Gallery

Voting
There will likely be two or more rounds of voting. The goal is for the final round to only include a small number of videos.

Feedback
Our video contest has room for improvement and the rules will continue to evolve. If you have a suggestion for future contests please create a new thread in the feedback or photo contest forum.

Last edited:
Prize Information
Over $900 in prizes. The top 5 ranked entries will receive a $100 credit to Dubia Roaches (y)
In addition to that we have a couple additional prizes listed below. Our contest winner will choose one prize from the list. The 2nd place winner will then receive the remaining option.

rebecca-wang384.jpg

paradise384x250.jpg

dubiaroaches.jpg

Last edited:
FAQ

How do I enter the video contest?
All members are welcome. To enter the contest you should first upload your entry to a popular video internet website such as YouTube. Once your video is on the internet you can enter the contest here:​

How many videos can I enter?
One. Only one entry per member is allowed. You are welcome to change your video before the contest entry deadline.​

What type of videos are you looking for?
High quality videos about chameleons. We want to be educated and/or entertained. Remember that this is a competition.​

Are there medals for video contests?
Yes. Like our photo contests there are medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.​

Is music and narration allowed?
Yes.​
-----​

video_medals.png

I use Adobe Premiere Pro but it’s not free.
Sweet, thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check to see if I can get a student discount.

I don't have much experience with video editing so I asked a friend. For free and beginner-friendly video editing software she offered two suggestions.

Apple iMovie - Mac
Lightworks - Windows
Perfect! I will have to check those out! Thank you!

I have received several messages from members asking for advice on what kind of video to make. We are looking for videos that educate or entertain. If you are new to video editing I suggest keeping things simple. Here are a couple examples from our 2011 contest. They are both great videos that are relatively simple to create. The first is a video from Jannb. The second video includes multiple clips with background music.

Back
Top Bottom