Question For Computer Gurus...

cushcameleon

I uploaded some videos on iPhoto from my digital camera. But whenever I try to upload them on another program (i.e. photobucket) or attach them to emails, they save as still images and not videos. Does anyone know what the problem is? I can play the video in iPhoto, but not anywhere else (photobucket, emails, etc.).

when you click save as, they are defaulting as Jpeg. Try resaving them to your desktop (or other location) and when you get to pick the file location in the saved box, you also can change the file type.

In iPhoto it is saved as a movie and not as a picture, so it plays. When I drag it to the desktop it saves as a movie and also plays (in quicktime format). But when I got to upload it on photobucket or when I attach it to an email, it saves an an image and not as a video.

Hmm this is weird. I think it may have something to do with what ever format Ibuttmunch uses that causes it to play in quicktime. They probably do this on purpose to keep you from being able to do exactly what you are doing.

I seriously boycott everything I. I don't want anything to do with their greedy monopolizing asses. I refuse to own an I pod.

Do you still have the videos on your digital camera? If so, try saving them to your desktop first.

Actually, from now on you should always save to your computer or desktop or whatever first. Do not save it into a program.

I also will not ever own anything Apple. You can buy something better for the same price or less, and be able to do more with it. No special accessories that only work with it, and no buying the "upgraded" model three months later.

Otherwise, I would try finding the location of the videos on your hard drive and seeing which format they are in.

Ya mac does suck when it comes to compatibility with certain things. I have a brand new Windows Vista desktop as well, but just like every other PC I have owned, it is very slow and super susceptible to viruses. I think I figured out the problem, I got the videos to upload on to photobucket, but they were to large to attach to emails.

Ya mac does suck when it comes to compatibility with certain things. I have a brand new Windows Vista desktop as well, but just like every other PC I have owned, it is very slow and super susceptible to viruses. I think I figured out the problem, I got the videos to upload on to photobucket, but they were to large to attach to emails.

I have Windows Vista as well, and while I'll admit that it's nothing close to XP performance wise, mine is not slow by any means.

Check to make sure that you have the 2nd service pack for Vista, and also take a look at your start up programs. A lot of people have things running in the background and don't even realize it... That kind of stuff can slow your comp down. You shouldn't have anything running that you don't need running, unless you are actively using it at the time.

As far as viruses go, I just use the free AVG virus protection. I've been using it for over two years now, and have never had a virus or anything of that sort.

Alissa offers some sound advice. On AVG, and background programs.

She is also correct on saving the file to the hard drive first before pulling it into a program.

When you try to pull large data files such as movies through USB, it really bottlenecks, especially if a program is trying to access through USB, like a movie editor. You are better off dragging to the desktop or another folder on the hard drive then working with the file in question.

How did you fix the problem? Are you sure they were video files in the first place?

It is better to take the file from the camera, copy to desktop. Then view it to see if it is okay, then upload it.

If you skip a step you might not realize you are trying to upload a corrupted file or a .jpg or something.

They were indeed videos and they were being saved as videos in iPhoto and on my desktop. However, they were uploading on programs (i.e. photobucket) as jpg. I tweaked around with it and figured out how to save it as a video on photobucket.

Back
Top Bottom