Pygmy hatching question! Help!

Julirs

OK-one out of 4 eggs started sweating this morning, then started shrinking a few hours later. How long until a little pygmy starts to come out? Then-how long until the little pygmy starts eating?

I've heard of them eating right after they came out of the egg, but they still have an yoke sack. I would give the eggs maybe an hour or two before you see the babies start poking out.

How long until a little pygmy starts to come out?

A few hours to half a day. As long as their nose is poking out of the slit, don't worry about it, they will emerge.

how long until the little pygmy starts eating?

A day or two. They absorb the yolk sac first then it's never ending eating.

Congrats on your new hatchlings Juli.

Cheers,
t

It has been sweating and shrinking since 9am this morning, and I don't see any slits in the egg. I am getting a little worried and to kick it all off the mother of this clutch died this afternoon. :(

So now you have 1.0 Pygmeleons????!?!?!?! Now you have to buy some or keep some of the babies! Lol sorry for your loss

Julirs, that is so weird about the mother passing away today. I am sorry for your loss. You work so hard with these guys. We have pygmys, too, but have not had any lay yet, so, I wish I could help you, but...Hopefully Trace will be back on soon.

OK-still no hatching...here are the eggs....the one in the top right is the one sweating and shrinking....I am really worried.
DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

Well, the egg that was sweating and shrinking never pipped, and this went on for 35 hours so I figured (with some help from some great people) that I would try to help it out figuring it was dead. It was. :( The others have not started sweating yet, so I am hoping all is well with those guys. Here is a pic of the little nicely formed little one that did not make it...
DSCN0685.jpg

Thanks again for everyone that helped-Trace, Chris, Kent! I appreciate you guys!

Trace, Chris, and Kent ... hmmmm. You couldn't ask for much better help than that.
Sorry Juli ... how disappointing.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest!

-Brad

I hope so too! :) Nothing else is sweating yet and they are at day 83ish. That seems to be at the latter end of their normal incubation times of 60-90 days. I want babies!

Back
Top Bottom