Pygmy eggs Hatching!!

That is SOOO awesome and I can't believe how tiny they are, but they are in EXCELLENT hands so I wish you the best of luck to having all of them hatch out for you!!

The other baby died in the egg. :( Yesterday the egg shrunk, so I was expecting a hatchling to follow soon. I worked late yesterday so by the time I got to check on the egg it was already dark so I couldn't mess with it. Today there was no progress so I cut the egg open and the little one was dead. I think it had trouble hatching because it was fully formed. So that's 2 eggs that never developed and 1 egg that didn't hatch. All my previous clutches (from different parents) were 100% hatch rate. I wonder if this pairing is going to be consistently lower hatch rate or if this was a fluke. Bummed about the little one that didn't make it, but the other me is doing well! I haven't seen him eat yet but I haven't gotten a chance to really watch him much yet either. He's still cute a button. :)

The other baby died in the egg. :( Yesterday the egg shrunk, so I was expecting a hatchling to follow soon. I worked late yesterday so by the time I got to check on the egg it was already dark so I couldn't mess with it. Today there was no progress so I cut the egg open and the little one was dead. I think it had trouble hatching because it was fully formed. So that's 2 eggs that never developed and 1 egg that didn't hatch. All my previous clutches (from different parents) were 100% hatch rate. I wonder if this pairing is going to be consistently lower hatch rate or if this was a fluke. Bummed about the little one that didn't make it, but the other me is doing well! I haven't seen him eat yet but I haven't gotten a chance to really watch him much yet either. He's still cute a button. :)

sorry to hear that :(. Goodluck with the rest.

Just an update on baby "Spock" - he's growing and doing great! He got his beard and is getting his little eye points and showing me his big boy colors. :)

IMG_0480_zps1f438569.jpg

No more eggs yet though...

Well he's finally out! And he's super adorable and perfect! He's already buzzed at me too! Tough little squirt. :)

B6F3F2A2-C7C0-4987-A52D-AF2647619FB1-33718-00001F11B0736E8A.jpg

It seemed only appropriate to do a size comparison to this month's photo contest winner. You just comprehend how small these babies are except for in person!
FC73116A-FA51-432C-9DC8-886D896D9ED7-33718-00001F10E10F6328.jpg

OMG !!! And I thought mine jax babies were tiny !! Congrats .... cute little one you have there .

Just an update on baby "Spock" - he's growing and doing great! He got his beard and is getting his little eye points and showing me his big boy colors. :)

IMG_0480_zps1f438569.jpg

No more eggs yet though...

Spock would be so proud of his namesake! Although I'm pretty sure he would not last long if they met. Very cool pics!

Thanks! His name was a bit random...I couldn't think of a good one for the first week but had to call him something so I started calling him 'Speck' because he was so small. But that's not a respectable name so it just mutated a little to 'Spock'. I like it. :) All my critters have to have names, numerous as they are.

Back
Top Bottom