Pygmy eggs Hatching!!

Congratz! thats so exciting, would be nice to buy CB pygmys and lines from people rather then WC in a few years.

Sounds like there ok to me . The eggs will normally double in size by the time there ready to hatch. My eggs all have the yellow blotches on them.

pygmy eggs

I can`t wait for them to hatch!! looks like my to girls are ready to lay again! can see the egg shapes in there tummys when they turn around! Am glad the yellow blotches are normal! was getting worried. Am checking them like EVERY day,av got the eggs all in the right stuff and now am just waiting. Does anyone ever just leave them in the place they were laid and not take them out? if so would they still hatch?

I pulled my first clutch out and lost 2 of the 3 I left my second clutch and all 4 hatched out and are about twice there hatch size after 2 weeks.

After a doa in the spring I am getting a new male from brandy today. So excited can't wait to see him. Congrats Ferret on once again having the sound of little pygys in your life

pygmy eggs

Mm think i might leave there second clutch in there then and just see. I was`nt even looking for eggs when i found them,was moving some moss around and a couple of twigs,there could even be more eggs in there then! coz when i got the two girls they were a little on the plump side,might even see some babies:) oooh i hope so lol thanks alot...x

When the babies hatch they will head to the highest point in the tank. I remove them from the parents tanks as soon as they hatch. There is a chance that the parents will eat them so keep the parents well feed.

If anyone w pyg babies would like to sell them to a good home, pm me please! I currently have a ambanja blue/purple bar panther and 8 groups dart frogs and have been dying to add a large pygmy setup.

I wanna keep the first batch . I will be selling any new clutches I get. Does anyone know what a safe age is for shipping pygmies?

If anyone w pyg babies would like to sell them to a good home, pm me please! I currently have a ambanja blue/purple bar panther and 8 groups dart frogs and have been dying to add a large pygmy setup.

Hatching!!

Came home today to a tiny little head sticking out of one of the eggs! It's already asleep that way but hopefully I'll have a little hatchling crawling around in the morning! The other egg looks like it's going to hatch in the next day or two also. Unfortunately it looks like 2 of the eggs went bad a while back as they are much smaller and yellow. But I'd be thrilled with even two babies. So that puts incubation at just barely over 2 months (even though it seems like much longer).

The only pic I could get looked kind of like a peanut....so you'll have to wait for better ones once the little one is out and about!

:D Excited! :D

Well he's finally out! And he's super adorable and perfect! He's already buzzed at me too! Tough little squirt. :)

B6F3F2A2-C7C0-4987-A52D-AF2647619FB1-33718-00001F11B0736E8A.jpg

It seemed only appropriate to do a size comparison to this month's photo contest winner. You just comprehend how small these babies are except for in person!
FC73116A-FA51-432C-9DC8-886D896D9ED7-33718-00001F10E10F6328.jpg

Last edited:
I just showed those pics to my girls and we all just squeed ourselves hoarse...

I know he's not a toy... but could you post a pic of him on your ear? It would make my WEEK. And maybe on a fork. Ooh! Riding a hornworm!

This is why I don't trust myself with babies...

I just showed those pics to my girls and we all just squeed ourselves hoarse...

Lol! I do this on a regular basis when there are babies around! My mom really wants to see him on the head of my big panther. I want to put him and his mom and his grandpa all together for a family photo!

Wow - how cute! I know that pygmies are tiny, but to have a baby the size of a dime, that's incredible! I love the idea of one riding a hornworm, though - you could caption it, "Wheee!"

Here's hoping he has a sibling today when I get home from work! I swear he's smaller than the babies I've had before (different parents). The hubby says they look the same to him so maybe it's just been too long since seeing how tiny they are.

Daily dose of cuteness:
E98693F2-317E-4750-87EF-B71700A458DA-33718-00001F10F0E9CD65.jpg

:D Now to think of a name for him!

Back
Top Bottom