pygmy chameleon colours....... what do these meen?

the first pic is a male, the second is a female i'm pretty sure! and they look good! I don't know what the colors mean but they look healthy.

I agree that the second picture is of a female, and I am not too sure what the coloring means.

In those pics they both look pretty good.

Thank you for the replys.
I just excepted that he was sexed right and didn't check myself until I got it home and then I started to question it.

The 2nd 1 only started displaying very different colors when the other 1 was put in with him and has been seemingly pursuing her......... so could it be a sign of him wanting to mate?

Those are big boy colors on the male. Mine only do it when they are stressed or showing off. :) I have two in a huge tank, so occasionally I see the dominant one display to
'keep the younger male in check.'

My females only show the striping when they become mature, but they do not display like the males.

Those are big boy colors on the male. Mine only do it when they are stressed or showing off. :) I have two in a huge tank, so occasionally I see the dominant one display to
'keep the younger male in check.'

My females only show the striping when they become mature, but they do not display like the males.

Thanks for the reply.......
He has stopped pursuing her now but still showing the colours.
They both seem to be doing well so i assume he's just trying to get his jig on and she's not interested atm.

Back
Top Bottom