Proving my point.

BabyChamCham

Established Member
Ok, so I have facebook, and came across the sunglasses/chameleon-changing color video.
Of couse i was like ( i should problably set things straight)
So i went into the comments and answered some questions people had, and posted a web on why they change color.
But now, theres a lady who dosent belive me. Im trying to nicley prove my point, but she said ( no im not talking about the ones who change color, the ones that dont) ...
Am i getting to into this? o_O

Ok, so I have facebook, and came across the sunglasses/chameleon-changing color video.
Of couse i was like ( i should problably set things straight)
So i went into the comments and answered some questions people had, and posted a web on why they change color.
But now, theres a lady who dosent belive me. Im trying to nicley prove my point, but she said ( no im not talking about the ones who change color, the ones that dont) ...
Am i getting to into this? o_O

Not to sound rude, but as long as you allow for people like that being studio, everything will be fine.

Thats what i thought too, but i just dont want people getting into chameleons because they think that change colors like that..
Lots of people get into chameleons without knowing what they're doing.
But ill just let the others be.
:oops:;)

Since getting my Veiled cham, Bob, nearly every person it's come up in conversation with has said "Ohh have you done XYZ to get him to change colour....."

My brother for example last weekend said "Have you put him on a pink sheet of paper and watched him disappear?"
Being family this allowed me the sarcastic response of "no, he's a Veiled Chameleon who can go, black/brown and shades of green, he's not a f&*%ing superhero"

He still doesn't believe me and think's i've brought "the wrong kind"

I feel your pain... Saw a video of a breeder holding a handful of baby veileds not more than a week or two old. 90% of the comments were people saying how cute they are and that they want one or are looking to buy one... I responded with a general post about if you want one DO THE RESEARCH.... lol that post blew up with people asking me about care and, of course, color changing. I know my post wont keep most people who are actually planning on impulsively purchasing a cham but I hope it'll atleast get people to look into the care requirements rather than walk into petsmart/petco and read a horrible caresheet.

There were some YouTubers that did the Whats in the box challenge the other week. The one let the other one throw the ball python around and didn't tell him what it was. When I said something about it this lady kept replying saying it wasn't a cute animal so it doesn't matter. I replied back and said I believe every animal should be treated with respect and she told me that it was just a snake and it's not that important. Some people will just never understand.:unsure:

Since getting my Veiled cham, Bob, nearly every person it's come up in conversation with has said "Ohh have you done XYZ to get him to change colour....."

My brother for example last weekend said "Have you put him on a pink sheet of paper and watched him disappear?"
Being family this allowed me the sarcastic response of "no, he's a Veiled Chameleon who can go, black/brown and shades of green, he's not a f&*%ing superhero"

He still doesn't believe me and think's i've brought "the wrong kind"

I understand your pain. I had a friend who used to tell me that I was not owning my chameleon correctly. He used to ask me to put him near or into all sorts of stuff and I use to say "that's not how they work" and he'd tell me he was wrong because he saw a video where achameleon changed all sorts of colors (probably the video in question) and i was just like....."promise you'll never get a chameleon." Lol.

There were some YouTubers that did the Whats in the box challenge the other week. The one let the other one throw the ball python around and didn't tell him what it was. When I said something about it this lady kept replying saying it wasn't a cute animal so it doesn't matter. I replied back and said I believe every animal should be treated with respect and she told me that it was just a snake and it's not that important. Some people will just never understand.:unsure:

I don't understand people like that. Like those are living animals just because it's not cute it should be harmed? Makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom