Proper gutloading=beast mode lol

JamesB88

Established Member
Recently switched up my gutloading technique " less dry feed a lot more greens,veggies, fruits, bee pollen etc." and just wanted to share that this change in gutloading has been great. Ever since, my boy has been devouring everything at least 15-20 crickets a day I couldnt be happier as he was becoming dehydrated and underweight. I use many diff feeders but crickets are his staple. Now He has stacked some weight back on and overall looks much larger and healthier. I also switched to Arcadia lighting maybe that has a factor in this as well but I'm leaning more toward better gutloading!

So am I just over exaggerating this or do chams notice the difference in their nutrition intake just from simple gutloading changes? Does taste or smell come into play here, as in would a Cham notice that wow these crickets taste/smell better? Just curious if anyone has a solid answer or opinion on this!

Recently switched up my gutloading technique " less dry feed a lot more greens,veggies, fruits, bee pollen etc." and just wanted to share that this change in gutloading has been great. Ever since, my boy has been devouring everything at least 15-20 crickets a day I couldnt be happier as he was becoming dehydrated and underweight. I use many diff feeders but crickets are his staple. Now He has stacked some weight back on and overall looks much larger and healthier. I also switched to Arcadia lighting maybe that has a factor in this as well but I'm leaning more toward better gutloading!

So am I just over exaggerating this or do chams notice the difference in their nutrition intake just from simple gutloading changes? Does taste or smell come into play here, as in would a Cham notice that wow these crickets taste/smell better? Just curious if anyone has a solid answer or opinion on this!

Hola! Hope someone answers your questions..all I have for you is more of them lol
How are you gutloading them this? Is it a pre-made thing or you do it yourself?
How many crickets do you usually have on hand eating this, and do you feed them this every time? Do you still dust with the d3's and whatnot?
I've been reading about the benefits from this, but just got my orange-cube process down pat lol..I'd like to make this feasible for me..thank you! And good on you for making a better diet for your buddy.

I have two cricket bins/ exoterra with the black tubes. I used the orange cubes for a while not the best but it works if that's all u got.

Each bin holds around 100 cricks, so I have anywhere from 100-150 max 200 cricks at once. Nothing is pre made beside the dry cricket food I use. I just buy greens such as collard, baby spinach etc I also buy apples carrots and sweet potatoes, I picked up some 100% bee pollen from a reptile show recently too. I cut everything up and clean the cricket bin. I put dry food on one side and then I place the veggies and fruits on the other side, I sprinkle a very small amount of bee pollen over everything the crickets mow down, I repeat this every other day or until I notice that the fruit is getting nasty! By then I'd say 70% of the food is eaten by the cricks anyway!

Yes I still dust my feeders! Rapashy calcium plus 3-5 times a week, I also do a multi vit once a month

Back
Top Bottom