Pro Mist PM-60 question

CammieNLeno

Hey guys-

I tried my best to search for this anwser.. but "mist" is such a wildcard and contained in almost every post here on the forums!

I am looking at purchsing the PM-60 model from Pro Mist and I have two questions:

1) On their website, it says that you can program the pm 60 to operate up to 14 cycles per day with durations of 1 minute or more per cycle. How much is "or more" for this unit? I am more intersted in 3-4+ 5 min cycles.. not 14 short ones.

2) Aside from the Habba Mist (which i have read poor reviews on) are there any other products with strong presence in the marketplace that I should be aware of? I tend to do alot of research prior to a purchase, so I would love some more input or feedback from you guys on misting systems.

Thanks everyone!

I've had the PM-60 for about 5 months now.

It is awesome!!

It is the second best thing I've bought in this hobby next to dubia's. The timer they send is just a standard timer as far as I can tell, but you plug your pump into it. It has up to 14 times you can program, but you can do less then that. I'm not sure how anyone could be disapointed with it in any way. You can set certain cycles to run only on weekends, or only on every other day, or on a specific day. Once a day, all the way up to 14 times a day I think. For as long as you want, to periods as short as 1 minute.

I never ever worry about misting my cham ever again. I use both nozzels, I have drainage, and a resevoir, and that's about it. I refill the the res once a wekk, and empty the drainage once a month (it's a hug rubbermaid under the cage).

Monitor your chams fecals for a while after you install it to make sure he is getting his water. I still rarely see my veiled drink, but his fecals are always bright white.

I often add a few cycles, or just turn it on manually for a few minutes when he's shedding.

When I called the guy who invented it, no joke, he spent an hour on the phone telling me about how he designed it, and what else he's working on.

A++ for ProMist.

You could technically have the mister go on all day, just not shorter than 1 minute because the timer operates in minutes. So you can program on at 8:00 then off at 8:01 so that is the shortest you can mist. Or you can mist 8:00 on monday and off at 8:00 on tuesday and have it go on for a full day. I have a pro-mist 60 it worked great, but my hobby has grown too large and I need to bump up to the 70. I have some 20 cages to mist. But it worked great until I got over 12ish.

-chris

I got my pm-60 3 months ago and it is awesome. As for the spray duration. You can program it to be on for an hour if you'd like. I got mine to spray for 5 min at 8 am, 20 min at 12 pm, and 10 min at 3 pm. You can go with herpmist too. They have better nozzles. But the only bad thing is that the shipping will cost you alot because they are based out of canada.

i have a habba mist and go ahead and bash it but it gets what i need it to do cuz i have i have a smaller cage for my veiled so it keeps him hydrated and the humidity up and thats what any mister should do. i do plan to get a good mister when my cage comes tommorow from lll reptile though

I have the herp mist system and its amazing. Same quality system as the pro mist at a lower price. Completely silent pump and the "hobbyist" pump i have is comparative to the pm-60 and they have a breeder pump that is a competitor to the pm-70. Either way whatever you end up buying youll be happy with high quality misters like the herpmist line or pro mist cause of how fine the mist is. You wont regret buying one and if you plan on expanding your collection, its a must have.

well keep in mind either way , if you are looking to custom suit it and you don't like the variable setting it comes with, you can use a timer, or a combination of timers to get the disired you want, you just have to draw it out, but 2 or more timers can be used in conjunction if you can't get your hands on a multi input, i know they can be quite expensive, i was lucky enough to buy a great one, and i havn't been able to find one this good anywhere but online

The minimum resolution on the digital timers that you need for a misting system is at least one minute. This means that you can't use the typical appliance timer from Home Depot because you can't set them accurately enough. The big problem with them is that they are a bit of a pain to set since each you have to set the time, then set and ON event and an OFF event for each misting session, i.e., ON at 9:00am and OFF at 9:05am. Just be sure you don't accidentally set the OFF for 12 hours later because there's no error checking on these things! If you decide to change the timing later, typically you have to read the instructions again since it's not something you do every day.

You can also get a Repeat Cycle Timer to control the system. They let you set intervals with knobs instead of time periods with buttons. If you want to mist for four minutes every four hours, just turn two knobs, press the Reset button, and you're done. You can plug the RCT into the lighting power for the cage to mist only during the day or you can get one like the ART-DNe by Custom Automated Products that has a light sensor. RCTs are truly "set it and forget it" simple. Adjustments take about two seconds.

Do not plug the one minute digital timers into switched power, though. It needs line power to run the clock and you will quickly drain the backup battery.

the timer that I got with my pm-60 is the best timer I used. I can set different cycles for every day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom