Pro-mist or Herpmist

Brian

I cant decide which misting system to purchase for my Chams. I saw the Herpmist website and it looks very reliable, but...so does Pro-mist. Which one are you using, or would recommend? What advantages does the Pro-mist have over the Herpmist or vice versa?

Last edited:
I love my herp mist for when all the chameleons are inside... Great price for a great system... A mist system is a mist system for the most part; some things are different but for me it comes down to the ol' $. Im a herp mist kind o guy.

Herp Mist fan here as well. I cannot tell you about the Pro Mist, but the Herp Mist has a powerful pump, no noise, reliable, better price, AND Jason is a member of this forum (LaserGecko) from Herp Mist with a great customer service.

Someone said that I got paid to write these things...I don't need money, I needed a mist system.

Anyway, an auto system IS the way to go!!!

r.

Thanks guys!! Yeah I was going more toward the Herp Mist also, I went to there site and It looked like a very good product. Im going to give him a call next week for shure.

Brian

I own two herpmist systems one for my chameleons and one for my dart frogs and they both work great :D

Thanks, guys! It's always great to read about making life easier for folks and their animals. This is still more of a passion for me than a "business", so it's just cool to read stuff like that. (Now that the family issues are out of the way, I can finally breathe a bit! There's a lot of cool stuff a brewin' in the lab...)

Please send some pics when you get a chance, Tim! I've been wondering just how all those darned nozzles and pumps are doing for you.

Brian, I have a customer or three in your area...might be forum members, IIRC. You're only a day away by FedEx Ground. :)

Not only that but herpmist won't burn out if you forget to fill the water.

Hey Jason, did you forget about me? Give me a call, we are doing the Mass show on May 18th, then Hamburg and White plains, NY.

Debby

If you lost my number, send me a pm.

Dude...your getting a herpmist, Nuff said!

Ok ok but seriously get one...I have a 2 cage setup and jason has been great with any idiotic Qs that I have had with the system or this and that...for service alone I wouldn't choose anyone else! Enjoy your new setup!:p

Are you saying that Pro-Mist will burn out under these conditions? I thought they could run dry.

They can. She was referring to those cheap, crappy piston pumps sold by other companies. (Well, they still charge $90 for them, so they're not cheap to the customer.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Brad. If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or an email. We've redone our systems completely. Few more esthetic improvements to our nozzles still coming. Our new pumps are virtually silent, can run for a long time, even dry, thermally protected, UL cert..and all that good stuff. I recognize a lot of users here. Pleasure to support this fine forum!

Marty
www.MistKing.com

Last edited:
I will be posting a full installation and review video of the herpmist hobby system hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Feel fee to check it out and form your own opinions! And no... jason didnt ask me to do this in any way shape or form, im doing this on my own will based on my overall positive expiernce. I hope it will help!

Back
Top Bottom