Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Ok that’s better . Thank you :love: .
No real updates. He's been eating his BSFL, hasn't taken me up on any offers of a brownie this weekend, and still working on his shed which gained some momentum this weekend.

His cabinet is about done, drain pan is assembled, and back wall is cleaned up and cut to fit in the drain pan without obstructing the drain hole. Got zip ties ready, and just need help getting that table he's on now out of that room so I can bring the new one in. Really can't wait to pull it all together. I've been showering with a ficus for a week now

So minor update. No new enclosure yet, but I got the new cabinet set up and ready. His current enclosure is just set on top of the new drain pan.

His new setup includes a 2*2 garden tray with a bulkhead installed in the back, with a drain tube leading into the white bucket. The orange bucket is his mist reservoir. It's heated and out of sight :) the mist pump is also inside the cabinet to be sure it's gravity fed, tested and works perfectly in the new setup.

IMAG4815.jpg IMAG4816.jpg IMAG4818.jpg

I'll take more photos of the full final result once the new enclosure is set up.

The cabinet was refurbished by me, having to sand it all down, stain, polyurethane, and install new hardware for a modern look
IMAG4719.jpg IMAG4812.jpg IMAG4813.jpg

Nice, I'm having a hard time telling if it sits inside the lip or has hang over :(. Looks like it hangs over a little though?
It has enough of a lip that I have the enclosure sitting directly on top of it. I initially planned to put it inside, it may work that way, but the living wall interfered for me. So the tray has lava rocks to add weight, a drain tube out the back, and I drilled drain holes into the floor of the enclosure so excess water will drain inside. So far the garden tray has not collected enough water to begin draining, but once it does, it'll drain into a bucket

You will be so happy with the new lights . Wait till you see the brightness difference . Did you go with the quad set up ?
The lights just arrived yesterday and it's like Vedool has his own personal sun in there. It's not the quad setup, but it's the 24" Arcadia 6% and 6500 day bulb combo hood. I love it, and V seems to love it as well. He's actively moving around the enclosure more instead of hanging out on the left side
IMAG4845.jpg IMAG4846.jpg

Back
Top Bottom