Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Unrelated, but I found V's poop stash. If he can continue to use an area as a designated toilet, that'd be great

Attachments

• IMAG4176.jpg
    IMAG4176.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 100
So V was already tucked into bed when I got home, but it's Friday so it's weigh day. Took him out, he was fine, but suddenly became TERRIFIED of something and started jumping around like crazy, mouth open, and hissing. I calmed him down, I'm still unsure what he saw, or what he thought he saw, and he settled down to get his weight.

Up 5g from last Friday. He was too afraid for me to get his length, I just wanted to get him back in his enclosure
IMAG4180.jpg

So V was already tucked into bed when I got home, but it's Friday so it's weigh day. Took him out, he was fine, but suddenly became TERRIFIED of something and started jumping around like crazy, mouth open, and hissing. I calmed him down, I'm still unsure what he saw, or what he thought he saw, and he settled down to get his weight.

Up 5g from last Friday. He was too afraid for me to get his length, I just wanted to get him back in his enclosure
View attachment 188729
I wonder if v saw his reflection ?

That may have been it. I primarily wear glasses, but it might have been the perfect storm to see his reflection. Poor little guy.
He's looking super healthy, though. That's a pretty significant gain, about 50% body weight in a week.

Plants are going crazy. Every plant has new leaves coming in, including hibiscus. There's V shaped bites all over the pothos, lol. So adorable.

Back to sleep!
1503097156965843781164.jpg

That may have been it. I primarily wear glasses, but it might have been the perfect storm to see his reflection. Poor little guy.
He's looking super healthy, though. That's a pretty significant gain, about 50% body weight in a week.

Plants are going crazy. Every plant has new leaves coming in, including hibiscus. There's V shaped bites all over the pothos, lol. So adorable.

Back to sleep!
View attachment 188730
He looks fantastic , what a beefcake !!. Frances specially hates my hubby's glasses .

I had a poop explosion from my rescue, feel free to check out the page on beardie forum lol. There's pics!

V has a cute little plump ridge/indent along his spine, which I'm using as a determination of his weight, kind of like how beardies get the downward spine indent when they have healthy weight on them.
I was super eager to weigh him today because I could feel that he had gained quite a bit since last week

I had a poop explosion from my rescue, feel free to check out the page on beardie forum lol. There's pics!

V has a cute little plump ridge/indent along his spine, which I'm using as a determination of his weight, kind of like how beardies get the downward spine indent when they have healthy weight on them.
I was super eager to weigh him today because I could feel that he had gained quite a bit since last week
I guess so awesome . She's looking really good . How is she walking ? She pulling her self up really nice for basking .

V is doing wonderful . He's going to be a Mister . 2 weeks today he's Doubled his weight in one week wow . Just awesome well done with both babies .

I haven't messed with her mobility since birthing that monster. I'm letting her rest, but will give her floor time soon or tomorrow morning.
She's looking like she feels a lot better, she lost a lot of weight from that alone, and feels a lot better to pick up, also. Her body has some give opposed to being stiff.

Happy two weeks, V! And it's been a peaceful, worry free two weeks, minus that on the enclosure floor situation, but he was fine, I wasn't lol. No signs of dehydration or RI. Today was the first time I even saw him open his mouth. Jaja and Mamool did almost daily

Yes
I haven't messed with her mobility since birthing that monster. I'm letting her rest, but will give her floor time soon or tomorrow morning.
She's looking like she feels a lot better, she lost a lot of weight from that alone, and feels a lot better to pick up, also. Her body has some give opposed to being stiff.

Happy two weeks, V! And it's been a peaceful, worry free two weeks, minus that on the enclosure floor situation, but he was fine, I wasn't lol. No signs of dehydration or RI. Today was the first time I even saw him open his mouth. Jaja and Mamool did almost daily
she looks good . I will be waiting to hear how her mobility is . Don't be surprised if she had another huge poop . When they have only had a meal worm diet they really get impacted .

Back
Top Bottom