Pregnant Jackson questions

cuso

I have a 2 year old female mt. Meru Jackson. I'm not sure if she is pregnant or not and iv never had a pregnant chameleon. I just wanted to ask what signs I should look for if she was.

Like body size, temper, eating habits.

She will start to swell up in between her two front legs. Ive never had a gravid cham but from what ive read, that is a pretty good sign. Correct me if im wrong.

I own 2 Xanth Jacksons so I don't know if this will help or not. But with Xanth females when they are pregnant they begin to take more of a form that would resemble a sack of marbles.

I have a male that had been in her cage not to long ago but I didnt see any mating. I notices one day that she had a scratching on her side but didn't see what happend. Her eating and movement has slowed down alot. She drinks a lot

I don't have a Jackson myself, but I've researched plenty before getting my first chameleon and spend most of my day on here so I help when I can.

No I have them separated I had a problem with my ac in my home and had to put them together for a couple days.

I try to. I have them wake up around 8 because the sun doesn't hit there window till then but I get home around 2 and there's that space were no one is around. I'll post a pic as soon as I can. And I was wondering she's always had some problem like she can't extend her tongue she eats. When she was young she didnt have this problem. I thought she had hurt it but I never went away even with the right care. Could she have a bigger problem.

Please post several pics of her from the side/top view. I have a female xanth that just gave birth and the physical appearance is quite distinguishable.

Yes, please post pictures. You can tell when they are pregnant because they get fat.:D I didn't notice any significant color changes. Also Merumontanous are considerably smaller than Xantholophus and have fewer babies than Xantholophus so I'm not sure if the "bag of marbles" line applies. My female maintained a pretty good appetite through out her pregnancy. She did breath with an open mouth and often gasped the last month or so of her pregnancy.

I live in the us. Los angeles California to be specifi. Im trying to post some pics but I have no comp and having trouble with my phone. Shes getting a bit bigger but mostly between he back legs

Thats another sign. You should be able to make out what looks like little bumps around her butt area. If you can, than shes probably already pretty far along.

Back
Top Bottom