Pothos safety concern

IzzieC

82715-5014fb69c9a9f89fee0f55c3560c294a.jpg

I have a question...see the center fiber thingy? (This is not my plant, but I have one just like it). Izzie had some of the fiber stuff in her mouth. Not sure what she was doing, maybe just drinking some water from the leaves or maybe going after a renegade cricket that has somehow managed to remain after we rearranged her cage putting in her laying bin or who knows. I heard a strange noise and looked over and she has some of this fiber in her mouth. I removed it and she seems fine now. But...is this stuff safe??? I panicked and took the whole plant out because I had to leave and didn't have time to try to replant it. I really LOVE the pothos in her cage. For those of you have have a plant with this stalk thingy...what have you done? Left it or removed it??

@jannb I took it out immediately! I guess we will figure out how to take that middle thing out and replace it with something more Izzie-friendly! I have seen this same plant in a lot of cages posted on the forum. Maybe Izzie is just being mischievous today. :D
Her safety is most important, so for the night she has her Croton plant that we popped back in there (it's not doing very well).

The ones I bought all had that as well. I cut the plant from it and repotted, and draped the stems around the branches in the cages instead.

Back
Top Bottom