IZ SHE PREGNANT OR NAH

Mojolet

Hey my chameleon keeps climbing all over her screen going up and down all around her enclosure. I did switch her heat lamp so she can have a different basking branch because before she would just sit under the lamp and hold her mouth open so I figured she was too hot. Idk if it’s the branches the weather or if she’s gravid maybe. I have hella school work so help from the community with be great💗💗💗. Also is upsetting because I thought I did good with her enclosure. Her pothos is usually on the ground and she usually easily seen now she’s not and idk if she likes it.
D4BC35A0-62BE-4A4E-B5CF-18F06F2748D9.jpeg

Attachments

• B894FD82-8E47-4A61-8DD3-875547BD6F71.jpeg
    B894FD82-8E47-4A61-8DD3-875547BD6F71.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 0C822F6F-1AF6-464A-9D81-4B4973BF9B52.jpeg
    0C822F6F-1AF6-464A-9D81-4B4973BF9B52.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 29
  • 6E8F46CD-A920-43F8-B073-533D8B784FE4.jpeg
    6E8F46CD-A920-43F8-B073-533D8B784FE4.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 42
And the bulb is t5 had it for 4 months now Arcadia fixture, 70 wat heat bulb dome fixture. And a led light that idk if it even is working. All these things are now new to her either. We live in Ga so the humidity is usually perfect especially for day time the temperature has been crazy. She also is missing two small plants, so maybe that’s what’s wrong.

Hi. :) It’s hard to tell if she’s got eggs yet or not without better pics of her. I’d guess she may be receptive though and/or restless because she needs more in her enclosure. I can see that your uvb appears right and I love that you’ve got only live plants. You just need to add many more branches for her to have as little roads. For chameleons, empty space is wasted space. It is a challenge to hang things on screen, but there are solutions. There’s everything from Dragon Ledges https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ to attaching garden trellis to the frame of your enclosure and lots in between. The main idea is to use the frame to bear the weight of the attachments. She will still be as restless if she is receptive, but perhaps having more branches to travel on will keep her off the screen a bit more.
What are your basking temps? With our sweet ladies we need to make sure we have everything as perfect as possible and we can take measures to help reduce their egg production. I would suggest doing a full husbandry review just to be on the safe side. If this is something you’d like to do, copy these questions here and paste with your answers below. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Hello and welcome!!

Another thing I would like to add is if she is receptive she is getting close to laying eggs. Veiled chameleons are like chickens and will lay eggs even if they are not fertile. You will need to add a lay bin for your beautiful girl as well. I've attached a document for you to review regarding a lay bin.

Attachments

• Lay Bin.jpg
    Lay Bin.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom