Poster Board?

RPCV

Avid Member
I plan on installing something on the back of my enclosure to prevent mist from hitting the wall and enclosing 3 sides during the winter to help moderate temp. and RH. I was shopping for poster board for my kid's science fair and realized the non-porous type that is used for dry erase markers might work perfectly. Very cheap at 2 bucks a sheet, easy to cut to the exact size needed and comes in nice colors (I think a sky blue background would be cool). I am actually thinking of going inside the enclosure with this so moisture drips onto the bottom and is easily captured or wiped up after misting.

Anyone ever use this before? Know of any possible concerns? How well it would hold up?

I can't quite picture what type of poster board you're talking about. If it's the paper one with a glossy coat, I imagine that it won't last too long with exposure to water.

I use coroplast (corrugated plastic sheets) to the same effect. Very sturdy material and definitely resistant to water damage. When I was a bit more artsy (or not as lazy), I made the effort to zip-tie pothos to it, which was pretty and gave some more climbing area. You can get it up here in Canada at any Home Depot/DIY store. I think it's around $20 for an 8x4 sheet.

Drew

It will work great!
I have some cardboard (cut from boxes) surrounding and separating some of my screened enclosures, I have been using the same pieces for a couple of years.
If you let things completely dry out between mistings that material will last a long time.

-Brad

I am unsure what that stuff is made of that you posted a link to.... but I use Corroplast. It is a plastic corrogated material much like cardboard....... just made of plastic. I use it for my drainage and to divide cages. It is very easy to clean, won't warp like card board will after it's gotten wet.

Steve Sims uses it to insulate his cages in the winter to help with humidity.

Here is a link to the thread: Drainage collection and removal.

Back
Top Bottom