I found some great material to enclose cham cages!

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
This material is probably known by many of you, but I am quite pleased I discovered it. The material is .060 thickness white plastic called PLAS-TEX. it seems like it would work GREAT for enclosing the backs and sides of cham enclosures. I found the material at Menards. It is located with the large sheets of wall paneling people purchase for bathrooms. It's way down on the bottom of the rack near the floor and is NOT easy to spot.
The reason I am excited is that it is only 16 bucks for a 4x8 sheet. That's only a FRACTION of the cost of PVC sheeting. I bought some and will be using it to enclose some extra screen cages I have been refitting for my veiled chameleons I recently got from Jann. I have to finish painting the exterior of my house first though, so it will probably be a week before I can install it and report back.

This material is probably known by many of you, but I am quite pleased I discovered it. The material is .060 thickness white plastic called PLAS-TEX. it seems like it would work GREAT for enclosing the backs and sides of cham enclosures. I found the material at Menards. It is located with the large sheets of wall paneling people purchase for bathrooms. It's way down on the bottom of the rack near the floor and is NOT easy to spot.
The reason I am excited is that it is only 16 bucks for a 4x8 sheet. That's only a FRACTION of the cost of PVC sheeting. I bought some and will be using it to enclose some extra screen cages I have been refitting for my veiled chameleons I recently got from Jann. I have to finish painting the exterior of my house first though, so it will probably be a week before I can install it and report back.
This it?
http://parklandplastics.com/product/plas-tex-thick-panels/

That's the company that makes it, but this stuff is much thinner. Only .06 thickness. Also, It's made from recyclable plastics, so I'm down with it. Here's a pic of the label that was on it.
15337437042004213022551418488272.jpg

that’s a smart idea! And that’s a great deal, we’ve had that around the wall at the top of the shower at our rental years back...cool use for it!

I am gonna cut the sheets to size and then silicone them in. When they dry into place, I will install my dragon ledges which will further lock them into place. I'll show pictures when I'm done. I did this with my first cage but I used the PVC sheeting which was waaaaay more expensive.

I'm using the same thing on my cage redesigns. I'm almost at a point of being done with Lola's. Panels are mounted and silicone should be done curing tonight. It's easy to cut too if you have a fresh blade in your knife :D. I did secure the back panel with extra screws and nuts too though. One thing worth mentioning, don't be an idiot like me and leave it standing on edge in your garage for a week :ROFLMAO:. I'm going to have to wait for a clear day to lay it out in the sun to reshape it again. Heat gun was not enough to flatten the first panel back out so I bought a second panel until then :(.

I'm using the same thing on my cage redesigns. I'm almost at a point of being done with Lola's. Panels are mounted and silicone should be done curing tonight. It's easy to cut too if you have a fresh blade in your knife :D. I did secure the back panel with extra screws and nuts too though. One thing worth mentioning, don't be an idiot like me and leave it standing on edge in your garage for a week :ROFLMAO:. I'm going to have to wait for a clear day to lay it out in the sun to reshape it again. Heat gun was not enough to flatten the first panel back out so I bought a second panel until then :(.
Well... It's funny you should mention that. Guess where mine is right now and how it is sitting. LOL. Guess I better go lay it out on the driveway in the sun.

Well... It's funny you should mention that. Guess where mine is right now and how it is sitting. LOL. Guess I better go lay it out on the driveway in the sun.

:ROFLMAO: I left mine rolled up from when I put it in the truck. It retained the rolled up shape and the corner on the floor bent back a bit. Yours holding a different shape now?

It doesn't want to flatten out, but I have a few items holding it down. Now I just have to let the sun work it's magic.

Back
Top Bottom