Possible Edema?

lizgentry

Hi everyone.

I am going to go to my vet on saturday with this tomorrow but i was wondering if i could have some opinions from here?

As far as i understand it an edema is a swelling? Im not sure if it is an edema or if she is just fat. So here goes with the info...

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Terry Thatcher cage. 3 x 2 x 2. 3 sides screened off.

Lighting - Exo Terra 125W sunglow. Turned on for 12hrs per day.

Temperature - Basking 85. Bottom 75. lowest night time around 70 measured with infra red probe.

Humidity - Up to about 70% straight after misting. Misted 2 to 3 times a day for 5 mins at a time.

Plants - 2 x ficus. 1 x hibiscus. 1 x croton. 1 x rubber plant.

Placement - Basking spot is around 5ft off the floor. In bed room - very minimal traffic.

Location - UK

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Female Yemen. 10 months old. In my care for 8 1/2 months. In current set up for 7 months.

Handling - Very rarely - only if she needs to be moved for cleaning etc.

Feeding - Medium/size 5 locust. Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun 5 - 6 locust. Tues, Thurs, Sat 2 locust + fruit.

Supplements - Calcium on Mon, Weds, Fri. Nutrobal on Sundays.

Watering - Misting 2 - 3 times per day for 5 mins at a time. Cham drinks drops from leaves.

Fecal Description - Normal. Urate is white. Never tested for parasites.

History - No previous health problems apart from a small burn around 8 months ago.

Current Problem - She is showing receptive colours and i had thought she was gravid but she has been showing these colours for 5 weeks and no sign of eggs yet. She went off her food for 2 weeks (hense why i thought eggs were on the way) but has eaten fine all of this week and half of last. I had noticed her neck looking 'fat' for a while but it didnt look any different to pics of other chams i had seen. Over the last week or so her neck looks really quite fat and it seems to remain as a large swelling on the underside of her throat even when she isnt puffed up. I came home today to find her basking under her light with her mouth open.

Heres the most recent pic i have - as you can see she HATES having her photo taken.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SL371050.jpg

SL371051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom