The color of my chameleon

CrazyBear

Hello everyone. When I woke the morning to check on little lady I saw that her tail butt area is a grayish white. Is this normal? She gets mists for 3 minutes, 30 minutes before light go on and and 3 minutes after lights go off half hour later. She also gets a 1 minute mist at 1am since I live in a dry area. The fogger goes in at 2-5am. She gets feed daily with calcium and 2 times a month with the d3 calcium. She has a lay bin since I’m not sure when she will start to lay.

Attachments

• IMG_6963.jpeg
    IMG_6963.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6962.jpeg
    IMG_6962.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 33
She keeps hanging her butt off the branch but she doesn't poop or anything either. She did poop yesterday and it all look normal and healty.h

Attachments

• IMG_6966.jpeg
    IMG_6966.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6965.jpeg
    IMG_6965.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 33
Hello everyone. When I woke the morning to check on little lady I saw that her tail butt area is a grayish white. Is this normal? She gets mists for 3 minutes, 30 minutes before light go on and and 3 minutes after lights go off half hour later. She also gets a 1 minute mist at 1am since I live in a dry area. The fogger goes in at 2-5am. She gets feed daily with calcium and 2 times a month with the d3 calcium. She has a lay bin since I’m not sure when she will start to lay.
Looks normal to me. This happens to Spike with his head and tail when hes beginning a shed

Do they need to be a certain humidity when they shed? She is on the lower end of the humidity that is needed.
You want proper hydration for a good shed. I wouldn't adjust anything unless you suspect your chameleons hydration is not adequate. If your hydration is adequate, but could be better, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to improve hydration at least while shedding IMO. But if that's the case, I suggest you make adjustments to make hydration better for all the time :)

Back
Top Bottom