possible chameleon purchase

satch4684

A few years back, I started researching online and felt that keeping a chameleon wasn't something that would be impossibly difficult, before that I'd always heard people say it was. So I got a Veiled and was not disappointed, he did very well and was an amazing pet. Unfortunately, I had to give him away when I was in the process of moving to Florida, still regret it. Ever since then I've been thinking about when or if I should get a new one. Well, I seriously need a hobby, lol, and seeing as how much I enjoyed the Veiled, I think I'm going to go ahead with it. I've been, "out of the loop", so to speak, for quite a while now, but I'm really liking this setup:

http://www.screameleons.com/site/ItemID__3559/3365/default.aspx

I don't know if there's a cheaper/better alternative, that one is pretty expensive but if it's the best for the money, I think I'll have to go with it. I wanted to get something really nice with an automatic mister and all that. As for the chameleon itself, I've always liked the Usamabara Giant Three Horn. It's a good size, fair priced, and something different instead of having to choose between the Veiled, Panther, or Jackson's. But it's also hard to find care sheets on those other species, and having only owned one chameleon before, I don't want to get something that's way out of my league. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and maybe a link to a good place where I can find some of the more exotic species. If any of them would be an appropriate choice for me, that is. It's not definite and I certainly don't want to do an "impulse" buy, but like I said, I've been thinking about for quite a long time, and if I do decide to buy one, now's a good time as any.

Last edited:
If you are interested in learning more about the Usambara Giant Three-Horn go to this link.

Be forewarned...they are not as active and colorful as veileds or panthers but can be very rewarding to work with.

Definitely get a chameleon after getting your setup and doing some research. I think one that not to many people have is a good experience because almost no one you will know will have one.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies everyone, that link is definitely the best bit of info I've seen on the three-horn. I guess you could say getting any chameleon is pretty unique and different, but I agree with boj3434, I think that's really the reason I wanted the Usambara.

Though I'm still debating if I should maybe go with a Jackson's, I'm guessing I'll have a much better chance of getting a quality animal in that case. I've only found one place that has (sold out currently) Three Horns so far, and they are WC at that.

:) thanks a lot for reptiledepot link, I used to have that website but lost it long ago. Lots of interesting chameleons there as well!

LLLReptile and Reptile Depot no good? I don't want to get anything from a website with a bad reputation...

And what's this board of inquiry?

Go to faunaclassifieds.com, register, then go find the board of inquiry (homepage on the left) and do a quick search.

Back
Top Bottom