Possible Abcess On Chams Eye

Dripper....it would be good for you to add a dripper as a source of water.
Blue lightlight...compact UVB...I'm not a fan of compact UVB lights but prefer the long linear tube light Repti-sun 5.0. That doesn't mean that other bulbs won't work...it's my preference because I've never found them to cause eye issues. I use a white regular incandescent household bulb for basking. I don't know why manufacturers keep recommending colored bulbs!
Sleeping on your hand...IMHO it's normal for a chameleon to sleep on your hand if the room temperature is lower than the cage temperature

Regarding the eye...I'm not a vet and I can't tell you what's going on with it. I've seen this many times before on this forum but nobody ever seems to come back on line and give us an answer to what it is and I never can find an answer elsewhere. It could be something stuck in there or it could be the beginning of an abscess or a number of other things. Sorry I'm no help with it. :( all I can do is suggest you search on here for other similar posts and if necessary go to a vets.

How urgent would this be because funds are kind of tight right now

I will mist him for four minutes daily until I can get him to a vet

Also I will get him a 5.0 strip uvb bulb

How urgent would this be because funds are kind of tight right now

I will mist him for four minutes daily until I can get him to a vet

Also I will get him a 5.0 strip uvb bulb
I as well like linear . I personally think there's more coverage . Well if it's an infection of sort then you would need a vet ASAP . If it's shed stick or dirt then you could see a difference with longer misting and he can clean his eyes .

Here is a link to an article in reptile magazine about UVB lighting and has charts showing UVB coverage of different bulbs, if you are interested in reading.

So do you think that misting him heavily three times a day for a week and seeing if theres any improvement would be good?

So do you think that misting him heavily three times a day for a week and seeing if theres any improvement would be good?
I would do 6 mistings if you can . Four -4 min and like two 8/10min . He really needs a chances to clean his eyes if it's something stuck . Keep a really close eye and if he starts having other symptoms lethargic , not eating or drinking , you see mucus from eyes nose or mouth call vet .

I would do 6 mistings if you can . Four -4 min and like two 8/10min . He really needs a chances to clean his eyes if it's something stuck . Keep a really close eye and if he starts having other symptoms lethargic , not eating or drinking , you see mucus from eyes nose or mouth call vet .
So basically what I'm getting is the more the merrier?

Well I will do that and see if he improves and if not I will take him to the vet:D
Excellent just keep a close eye . You do want dry out time between misting . You don't want water pooling and creating bacteria . Especially over night . Be sure to have enough time to day out some before lights out .

Excellent just keep a close eye . You do want dry out time between misting . You don't want water pooling and creating bacteria . Especially over night . Be sure to have enough time to day out some before lights out .
UPDATE:
So he is still getting a lot of misting and I set up a dripper system for him and no improvement. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do ...

Back
Top Bottom