Poop stuck on Cham's butt!

Wes12345 XP

Ok well Yesterday we bought a Veiled chameleon that is 1 and 1/2 years old with a Big screen enclosure. We didnt notice when we purchased him yesterday but it looks like he has poop stuck on/in his butt. We tried to get it off but its pretty stuck. It also looks like this being stuck on his rectum has made some more poop get stuck behind it. Im really worried and want to help my first Cham, there is a vet but we have been going there alot recently and are low on money so anything i can do to help would be Great!!!

You are low on money, and just bought a chameleon and enclosure? (o_O)

About the poop, what does it look like? Do you have any pictures?

Ok well Yesterday we bought a Veiled chameleon that is 1 and 1/2 years old with a Big screen enclosure. We didnt notice when we purchased him yesterday but it looks like he has poop stuck on/in his butt. We tried to get it off but its pretty stuck. It also looks like this being stuck on his rectum has made some more poop get stuck behind it. Im really worried and want to help my first Cham, there is a vet but we have been going there alot recently and are low on money so anything i can do to help would be Great!!!

What about a warm water soak to help loosen whatever it is? If it's a prolapse you would want to clean it and moisturize it until you can get to a vet anyway. If it is just poop that should help the cham get rid of it. And, very important is to get that cham drinking as much as you can too.

I will post them real soon, And i got him for a good deal( now i probably know why). And we are getting money in a week.

photo.php

Sorry this was the best i could get. It is completly dreid. Im starting to think its a Sperm plug.

Is it yellowy looking. When my cham "deposits" them around the cage they dry yellow and don't look like poop at all. Your pic did not come through!

I can't see the picture either.

And i also thought of a sperm plug as well on the first thought. It could also be a prolapse, or a few other things. Which is why we need a pic! :)

My cham has the same problem and it looks like poop. I have been placing him in a bowl of water every day but doesn't seem to help. But this morning he pooped but the turd thing is still stuck. I really don't know what to do and I'm pretty worried. Please help me out.

Please help us to help you two. We really need pictures of the read of your chameleon and a full body shot to see if we notice any thing else. I am sending each of you a pm you can sent the pictures to my email & i will post them.

have you considered taking him to the vet and having him treated and held at the vet/animal hospital until your financially ready to pay for thier services? Maybe you can work out a deal or something with the vet by explaining to him your lack of funds for the time being...

Probably Sperm plugs. Give it a kneehigh soak in luke warm water for half hour. Dont pull at it, if they dont fall away easily, see your vet for help.

your facebook content is unavailable as you have set certain permissions. Also its required a viewer be logged into facebook.

Last edited:
A picture

Sorry about the bad quality but its all i have to work with at the moment I will get better pictures up asap!
FYI the object is brown and looks like poop.

Attachments

• DSCN5561.jpg
    DSCN5561.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 1,209
Caitlyn I can't tell much from that picture. I was looking more for a side view. Does it stick out from his vent? How long has it been there? If it has been a while we can rule out a prolapse, which is good because a prolapse is a real problem.

Sorry about the bad quality but its all i have to work with at the moment I will get better pictures up asap!
FYI the object is brown and looks like poop.

Sorry, I'll get a better picture. And he can poop, he pooped this morning and made fart sounds and clear fluid came out as well.

Back
Top Bottom