Poop? lol

Chammy007

Established Member
What’s the best way to handle poop and keep the chammies environment sanitary?Do chammys poop a lot? Kinda humorous.chammy007

I use paper towels on the bottom and change them every couple of days. The poop does not make much of a mess, you can just clean it up.

What’s the best way to handle poop and keep the chammies environment sanitary?Do chammys poop a lot? Kinda humorous.chammy007
Poop is taken very seriously here. ;) Chams really don’t poop too much and it tends to be nice formed little pellets. What I think is super cool is that there urine (urate) is a solid rather than a liquid and is usually attached to the poo pellet. Makes it really easy to clean daily - just a wipe with paper towel.

Also it has a liquid membrane covering the "waste" which dramatically reduces the smell! It's still poop and still stinks... but if you gentle "pluck" it with a paper towel, it won't stink quite as bad.

Poop is a thing... I have plenty of poo photos, videos, and GIFs. Occasionally I'll send them off to a vet friend of mine. It's a really good indicator of many things, most notably hydration and general well being.

Side note: if you have a male cham, you get the poop/urate as well as what's known as sperm plugs. Isn't science and nature great!

Also it has a liquid membrane covering the "waste" which dramatically reduces the smell! It's still poop and still stinks... but if you gentle "pluck" it with a paper towel, it won't stink quite as bad.

Poop is a thing... I have plenty of poo photos, videos, and GIFs. Occasionally I'll send them off to a vet friend of mine. It's a really good indicator of many things, most notably hydration and general well being.

Side note: if you have a male cham, you get the poop/urate as well as what's known as sperm plugs. Isn't science and nature great!
I love science and nature too. I actually have two dogs, a fish and a bird as well. Nothing but love for them. Chammy007

Back
Top Bottom