Poop etiquette

Teency

So I've come to the realization that my guy does NOT like to poo where he sleeps. He seems to like things clean and sanitary.

I've discovered that he has quite the set routine down when he's ready to do the deed. He won't move from one spot for a whole day (which had me worried before as it seemed he was being super lethargic. I mentioned this to the vet on his check up, but nothing came up as parasites or anything and he had a clean bill of health!). The next day he would then proceed to his basking spot and chill out like a beached whale for about half hour until I open the cage and he comes rushing to me to then sit on my hand. Position his bum away from me. Lift his leg, and proceed to lay the most massive poo I have ever seen! It makes me so proud! He looks quite pleased with himself too.

He poos about once a week and it's ALWAYS the same routine. It's like clockwork!

So I have to ask... Does anyone else's cham not like to poo where they sleep? Lol

Yes. My panther will only poop when he's outside of his enclosure. I also am graced with his bowel movements on my arm hence why I don't let him climb onto my head:ROFLMAO:
LOL! Oh good! so it's not just mine. I can't help but laugh everytime. Especially when he's on top of the open door. Ass hanging WAY out. There I am, waiting for it to drop with paper towel in my hands. I like to think it's a bonding moment haha! :LOL:

That 'tell-tell' leg lift is hilarious!
IMG_20170417_151130.jpg

I caught the perfect moment with Leif lol

Cammi has started to do this now, everyone I got her out she would poo on me " once a week ". So I left her alone on for a while to see if she was waiting for me to do her poo. & she was didn't go in her vivarium for 2 weeks. As soon as i got her out bang straight on me again. I'm use to it now

To OP this is very funny, I just had this happen to me on saturday. My panther had gone about 1 week until I had him on my hand and he just let it out off the edge of my palm lol.

Last edited:
My chameleon thinks he's a human. He only likes to poop in the trays that catch water at the bottom. There was a time when he was going directly to one of the buckets lifting up his leg and going for it. He's a real classy fellow. Haha.

There's also been times where I would have Charles in one hand and his tail would be wrapped around a finger in the other hand and his back legs would be free hanging as he's pooping lol have to hold him over a garbage when that happens. He's so graceful

To OP this is very funny, I just had this happen to me on saturday. My panther had gone about 1 week until I had him on my hand and he just let it out off the edge of my palm lol.
Lol! Lucky you! Charles would be hanging out on my husband's foot and would poo there too. This has happened a few times already haha

Back
Top Bottom