Pomonda Reptile Super Show pictures!!!

Kingsnake.com

Kevin_50D_0212.jpg

Kevin_50D_0214.jpg

Kevin_50D_0215.jpg

Geico?

Kevin_50D_0209.jpg

Eco Zone......

........ is a product I would love to have. It controls lights and temp and heat pads and has a lot of potential! The guy's name is Tony Escobar. He does habitat control systems, dimmable light fixtures and weather proof backgrounds. This guy is way cool. I was geeking out over at his booth and talking to him quite a bit... VERY convenient he was next to Julie's booth, I could keep an eye on things and still chit-chat.

Kevin_50D_0195.jpg

Kevin_50D_0191.jpg

Tony is the guy holding the iPod Touch on the left... He engineered this masterpice from the ground up. He is my hero!

The iPod was there to demo the controls via intranet.

Kevin_50D_0194.jpg

Kevin_50D_0197.jpg

Kevin_50D_0198.jpg

SBCK booth!

Some of you may remember hearing about SBCK having a booth to promote good chameleon care and to spread the word about how to care for them....

Dave Weldon did an EXCELENT JOB of holding down the fort. Dave is a serious champ. I wish I could have spent more time talking to people at the booth. The people I did talk to were very receptive. It is a good feeling helping someone out with an issue they previously felt helpless with.

People seem to really lighten up when they realize other keepers are local, friendly and willing to help. You can kinda see a weight come off their shoulders.

Here are some pics of the booth...

Dave Weldon....

Kevin_50D_0133.jpg

Alice, DJ and his wife Jenn..... :D

Kevin_50D_0134.jpg

During the lecture....

Kevin_50D_0135.jpg

We need a better PA next time :eek:

Kevin_50D_0136.jpg

Dave talking about drainage.... these pans should be on market soon I hope... they rock...

Kevin_50D_0137.jpg

Kevin_50D_0138.jpg

Dr. Gonzo... Ryan J's monster!

Kevin_50D_0139.jpg

Kevin_50D_0141.jpg

Tylene's (Ponders) offspring...

Kevin_50D_0142.jpg

Kevin_50D_0143.jpg

Found a couple more pics this morning...

Kevin_50D_0160.jpg

I feel like I have met the girl on the left before. I think she was hanging around the Tiki Tiki booth in Pasadena...

Kevin_50D_0161.jpg

I am sure Dave can give more info on this than I can... since I wasn't there much. But I think the booth was a great success! I am sure a lot of people went home having a better idea of how to take care of their chams. Which is the entire mission behind this booth and the group.

Last edited:
The Auction....

Kevin, you are holding out on us. Where are your pics from the auction that were so funny?

ok ok fiiiinnnne.....

Joe and his female friend (sorry didn't catch the name :eek:)

Kevin_50D_0170.jpg

(L-R) Mike Monge of FL Chams and Tyler Stewart of Blue Beast Reptiles.

Kevin_50D_0171.jpg

(L-R) uuuhhhh Chad...... Darci, Julie and Renee

Kevin_50D_0168.jpg

Take two...

Kevin_50D_0169.jpg

some chit-chat...

Kevin_50D_0172.jpg

Kevin_50D_0173.jpg

The 'others' coming back from dinner... caught them trying to sneak in while I was at the ATM...

Kevin_50D_0167.jpg

checking out a auction item.

Kevin_50D_0166.jpg

For this picture you need to pick out a person and make a caption for them...

Kevin_50D_0174.jpg

Let me guess. None of you wimps went and met Kerry King at the kingsnake booth???:D I will exclude you from the wimp list, Kent, whenever you show me the pictures:D:p
I saw him two years ago at the Anaheim show. Definitely a big (squeeze you to death) snake dude. Can't miss him walking the aisles with his head tattoo.

Last edited:
Let me guess. None of you wimps went and met Kerry King at the kingsnake booth???:D I will exclude you from the wimp list, Kent, whenever you show me the pictures:D:p

Ha, I didn't see this until Steve's response. I'm still on the wimp list because I still don't even know when he was there. I only escaped from the booth a couple of times and never saw anyone at the kingsnake booth. Did see that killer 'vette, though. Up close and personal. :D

Agreed. Just watched it and I saw us a few times. :D I also noticed how when most of the people first come in, they head to either the left or right walls. Not down the middle, where we were. No wonder it felt like it started kind of slow each morning. Cool, cool video. I liked that they left it on overnight. Watching the all the tablecloths moving around was kinda spooky, though!

Misc.

Kammers....

Kevin_50D_0216.jpg

Amazing Blue

Kevin_50D_0217.jpg

I forget the name of these guys... but their stuff is the best!

Kevin_50D_0201.jpg

Kevin_50D_0202.jpg

Rept Aid

Kevin_50D_0207.jpg

Elliot

Kevin_50D_0144.jpg

Sandy

Kevin_50D_0145.jpg

Marty at Mist King

Kevin_50D_0155.jpg

Tiki Tiki!

Last but not least! Tiki Tiki Reptiles!

Kevin_50D_0159.jpg

Chad..... WTH are you doing?

Kevin_50D_0164.jpg

Kevin_50D_0165.jpg

Chad bringing down one of the chams...

Kevin_50D_0156.jpg

Ryan and Lisa

Kevin_50D_0147.jpg

Joe

Kevin_50D_0146.jpg

Lisa?

Kevin_50D_0210.jpg

Kevin_50D_0148.jpg

Darci

Kevin_50D_0158.jpg

Some of you may remember hearing about SBCK having a booth to promote good chameleon care and to spread the word about how to care for them....

...It is a good feeling helping someone out with an issue they previously felt helpless with.

People seem to really lighten up when they realize other keepers are local, friendly and willing to help. You can kinda see a weight come off their shoulders.

...I think the booth was a great success! I am sure a lot of people went home having a better idea of how to take care of their chams. Which is the entire mission behind this booth and the group.
Howdy All,

Thanks Kevin for snapping those fun booth photos and helping out in the booth :). Emil's creation of the banner and card handouts (and booth duty) worked out great! Thanks to Nathan for loaning the nice 32" monitor and helping with teardown. Tylene helped with booth duty and also supplied the chameleon "coloring book" handouts for the kids (lots of kids went home with them!) Alice, our other SBCK co-founder, was instrumental, from start to finish, in pulling-off the overall plan for show support as well as a full day of booth duty (bought us food too!). We had a number of other SBCK members who spent time in the booth helping out with Q&A.

I had a great time (just about lost my voice :eek:) speaking with so many past, present and future chameleon keepers. I was able to present the 30 minute (compressed from 1hr :eek:) 48 PowerPoint slide set on both Saturday and Sunday at 1pm. But even better, I was able to constantly leverage individual slides all day long to help answer questions.

I think we saved many chameleons from a (short) life of sub-standard husbandry. At the very least, we were able to hand out cards with info about how to join the SBCK group along with the link to www.chameleonforums.com on the other side. That way they can get started with getting a hold of useable info on their own. Speaking of the forum, it was fun to meet several new faces from CF :).

We received many favorable comments from visitors. They were often quite surprised (and happy) to find out that we weren't selling anything but just there to promote good chameleon husbandry practices. One of my favorite comments was from a man who is interested in getting back into reptiles and was researching chameleons. After we spoke with him he said: "This was the best 10 minutes of information gathering that I got at the show today!"

I think we did a good job of taking the fear out of getting started with chameleon keeping as well helping those already keeping chameleons to tune-up their present efforts.

One of my favorite bits from the SBCK booth were these kids.... They saw the donuts and were like "CAN WE HAVE ONE??!" and I said "SURE!!! BUT! you have to stand here and talk to me about chameleons for 10 minutes!!!' they frowned and I said 'I am just kidding, go ahead and grab one'..... I think I should have made them suffer. :D

Back
Top Bottom