Papilloma Virus

I'm so sorry to hear about Cheif, I am going through the same things you are with Papilloma, my guys sites are much bigger and very tall like horns, he rubs them off and bleeds every now and then, Rocket is about 3 years old and started to develop these spots like you had about 1 year ago, I didn't think anything of it until I started seeing them grow larger.
The Vets in Canada aren't very knowledgeable with chameleons and mighty expensive so taking multiple visits to just find out what is was is out of my budget, so research was needed. Found out it's papilloma! Now what do I do? I have other chameleon babies and so far (knock on wood) every bodies fine and healthy, but all it takes is me slipping up 1 time or my husband and kids accidentally touching him and not washing their hands.
•I was wondering how old Cheif was when he contracted this Virus?
•Is he still alive?
• do you clean with an antiseptic wash or disenfectant to kill the virus? Cage and tray and all plants branches etc?
•is there anything that can be given orrally like reptaid for immune systems?
Can anyone answer these questions please?
Check out this thread... You might reach out to SharpShooter sometimes he is around and answers private messages. But his boy did not make it either. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/scabs-after-sheds.168994/

Back
Top Bottom