Pomona Reptile Super Show 2014 Photos

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
I took a few pics at the show. I expected to take more but I moved at a very fast pace and it got crowded very quick.

Didn't get to take my canon so I have these iPhone pics for you guys.

I do love this photo because the panther is trying to get to the beautiful mantis on the other side. It followed the mantis back and forth :D How cute.

Birdies

Macaw handler

Bunch of veileds. Big one is 80 little are 50 dollars.

Some huge tortoises (turtles?)

This cool (tree boa?) snake

This female on the wall was giving another male on the OTHER side (both are black colored) a big no no warning. It's not good to keep so many darn adults in the same cage.

This guy wanted to get out, but then later went over and drank off the leaves and seemed quite content. Talked to the aquazamp people and got their business card (which I will not need since they are site sponsors). Very nice people.

Aquazamp stand

Take a look at that big ol' lizard on the stand back there

Poor little oustalets looks in grave condition :(

HUGE turtle/tortoises petting zoo

I thought these acrylic cages were neato. If only they made bigger sizes for chams... Sigh

I would especially like this

Mellers was HUGE -- first time seeing one in real life!

Little blurrier pic of him, but you can see how big the feet are. They basically wrap around that guy's finger

Some air plants. Would go nicely in enclosures.

This grumpy male was HUGE.

Went around the other side to find out he's being kept in a TINY cage WITH A FEMALE.. Light bulb cases for comparison of his size. He was HUGE

The female had laid eggs. Not a good situation

My spoils for the evening :D

Grapewood for my bearded dragon; the lady at the grapewood and manzanita area gave this huge piece for 15$ (I'm not a grapewood expert but it was good to me)

Little leash for my bearded dragon. He needs some sun every once in a while too!

Little dripper for my little baby jacksons (brave)

The rest of it

They also gave out 2 (because we had 2 people) smaller bottles of FREE bug burger and a free issue of the herp magazine

Some of those chameleons look awfully cramped and not that healthy :(

Yeah agreed.

:(

A lot of them were.

Kammers were all fine, though! Also the company I think called rose exotics were pretty responsible.

But, that's a reptile show for you.

That huge male with the gravid female upset me and this other person there. So sad. I loose seeing all the exotics though.

That huge male with the gravid female upset me and this other person there. So sad. I loose seeing all the exotics though.

Were you with a brother or sister? I was in a black jacket and I have blonde hair. I was commenting on how bad it was, and someone else agreed with me. It might have been you

I was in a tan foster the people shirt, I was with my friend who is a girl. I'm a guy and I also was wearing black jeans so I think I met you, small world!

I was in a tan foster the people shirt, I was with my friend who is a girl. I'm a guy and I also was wearing black jeans so I think I met you, small world!

Yeah I did briefly talk to you! I was with my aunt, who you probably did not notice.

I always hoped I'd meet SOMEONE from the forums, haha. Hopefully someday I will run into more people.

I probably do meet a lot of people from the forums and just don't ask them, so I will never know. :(

Did you see the eggs in the corner of the cage?

Looks like it was a pretty good show (lots to see). Too bad for the poor chams in bad setups though. :( I was thinking of going if I have time although I don't really need anything right now. You think it's worth it?

Looks like it was a pretty good show (lots to see). Too bad for the poor chams in bad setups though. :( I was thinking of going if I have time although I don't really need anything right now. You think it's worth it?

Oh yeah it's worth it.

MOST of the jacksons chams are in a horrible caging condition, most chams are in a teensy cage (for show purposes).

Other animals definitely have luxury because they're selling beardies already in 50 gal cages and every other animal has quite a bit of space (disregarding the ones in plastic cups)

I highly recommend you stop by the gargoyle gecko stand. He is friendly and his geckos are very pretty. He will take them out and show you and sometimes let you see the one on his shoulder (it's huge)

The worst part about the shows are the conditions some of the animals are in and the way some of them are kept. Very sad. :(

What's almost worst is the parents that go in and let their young kids hold what they think is cute and then get without even really knowing what it is. At the NARBC in Anaheim, a 9 year old girl held a veiled, thought it was cute, the dad got her one that was being stored in a little plastic container with shed all over it and clawing to get out. They bought a tiny cage kit from lll and had no clue about the upcoming feeders, lighting, handling issues, etc.

So sad how they keep those animals! I wish there were regulations to keep animals healthy and happy. All animals.. Not just the furred ones.. :(

Back
Top Bottom