PM-60 frequency

Who out there has a PM-60 and how often does it run and for how long?

I just set mine up yesterday. It's running three times a day for about 4 minutes. 2 Nozzels located at the top.

And now I've got a small lake.

I have drainage but it's a hack drainage job and not totally sufficient. So I'll need to fix that. But I wanted to hear the average frequency and duration you guys have.

It's an awesome setup! No more spraying for me!

Hey royden, I also have the PM60, i'm pretty stoked with it..
I have setup my to run, 8mins in morning, 3 mins in arvo and again 3 mins at night.
I too had to change my drainage and I did post a thread of a smell in the enclosure, which some ppl (i agree) mentioned it was root rot in my plants. I then cut back on the misting sessions, upgraded the drainage and all's sweet!.
BTW, I am in Summer in my part of the world now, in winter I will probably cut back on the misting slightly.
I also upgraded my water vessel as the PM60 chews through the water if you have long misting sessions.
cheers
Scott.

Cool.
Thanks man!

The designer of the promist told me each nozzle puts out 1oz of water per minute, but i tested that and it's slightly more than an oz.

Ok, I'm gonna cut back a little.

I'd assume anyway that more short spurts of misting will prevent water from reaching the bottom of the cage. I'll try two minute sessions, thrice a day maybe.

Anyone else?

Howdy,

I run 20 minutes twice a day. Once at 8am and another at 2pm. Each session uses around 1 quart per enclosure I use one cream color-coded nozzle per enclosure centered on top of a 24x24x48 enclosure. The PM-60 (as well as the other two sellers of the same pump) has an adjustable pressure bypass built into it. Use a 1/16" hex wrench to adjust (counter-clockwise lowers it) the pressure. 5 turns will drop it from over 100 psi to under 50psi. Don't adjust the pressure higher. It's not good for the pump. At the lowest pressure, you'll still get plenty of nice mist but use less water. I have found that many chameleons will not drink right away and that is why I use 15-20 minutes of continuous misting. Nobody's thirsty at my house :)

Dave, is that adjustement on the pump or the nozzles?

I'd be interested to "tweak" mine (I mean my promist...lol) to get a better mist, one of my nozzles seems to flow a little better than the other, how do you do this?
Cheers
Scott.

i use one 20mn session at 11:00am then a 2mn at about 2:00pm then another 20mn at 3:30pm then another 2mn at 5:00pm then the last one at 6:00 for 1minute. on rainy days is when the pm60 really shines because i can run it almost all afternoon like 2-4 hours.

I have the PM-50, but basically the same idea. I mist 3 times per day/ 20 min each time at 9am, 1:30pm, 5pm.

I do it to allow ample time to drink and to increase humidity. I don't always use a dripper either.

I solved the drainage problem by drilling several pencil-sized holes in PVC bottom and put screen under the bottom of the holes so feeders won't escape. The water then drains into a utility sink and bucket.

Back
Top Bottom