pls help guys hatchling came sooner than expected

AndrewBrian

hi guys 1 of my eggs hatched yesterday it was only 5 months and 3 weeks old i didnt expect it so soon.. he's really small and when he came out of his egg he didnt have a sac... the little fellah seems very active since last night. When does he start eating? i have nothing prepared i live in the philippines so i just squished some bananas placed it in a jar and waited for fruit flies to start accumulating... managed to get only a few flies in though... i tried baby dubias but im afraid they might be slightly too big... he hatched around 4am yesterday with only his head out and spent the whole day sleeping until 5pm. today he's been so active in his little terrarium but hasnt eaten anything yet is this normal?

If you can't get fruit fly cultures, or pinheads (baby) crickets you might have a little trouble. You could probably culture the wild fruit flies and put them into the fridge to slow them down and get them in the enclosure. What was your plan for food when they did hatch? The baby will be able to live for a little while off of what he had in the egg. what are your incubation temps, I bet there high. Good luck

Scott

my incubation temps are jumpy since i use closet incubation.... I had 3 clutches all laid in october by 3 different females this was the latest one and smallest set of eggs to in terms of size. I'm surprised it hatched so soon while the others havn't... only 1 egg has hatched since 2 days ago which seems odd temperature is jupmy ranging from 72-81 degrees depends how long i have my airconditioning on when i sleep... I'm gonna try crickets need to buy asap before the other eggs hatch too... should the baby be eating immediately once it starts being active? this lil fellah didnt have a sac when he came out of the egg

It's fine that he absorbed all the yolk sac already. Mine started eating around 2 days after they hatched but started drinking almost immediately.

I have fruit flies flying around in his enclosure.... dont know how to dust them though :) but i havnt seen him eat yet... i put him outside so he can have a bit of sun in the morning i live in the philippines im probably the only one here that has panther chameleon babies

Sir,i come from the PH too and might i ask, where did you get your panthers from?

I apologize as this is off topic but i just cant find a dealer since miss tiffany cham seems to have stopped.
Hoping for a reply. Thanks in advanced

Back
Top Bottom