Please respond, I'm worried

Is he seeing himself in a reflection somewhere? Picture frame? Mirror? Is he seeing any other chams? My male Veiled had a "night-fright" once and went running madly around his cage, but was fine by morning. Does he settle when he can't see you?

Is he seeing himself in a reflection somewhere? Picture frame? Mirror? Is he seeing any other chams? My male Veiled had a "night-fright" once and went running madly around his cage, but was fine by morning. Does he settle when he can't see you?
No, I was very careful when placing his cage so that he can't see any of the others or himself. I was gone for a short while to get the kids on the bus, I came back to the same thing. I talked to my bf who gets up really early & he said that he was on the bottom & hissing then too.

All I can think is that he must be hurt-you might have to capture the angry beast and take him to the Vet.

That's what I'm afraid of! This is so out of the ordinary for him.I've had him for almost a year & have never seen him fired up like this...not even close to this. He's always been pretty mellow, maybe a gape now & then but that's it. All 3 of my males are pretty mellow. The female on the other hand would take your finger off if given the chance!

not trying to scare you, but this is usually what happens when their organs start shutting down, and they are on their way out.
i had a male that had bad mbd from over supplementation and one day he decided to shut down. he was barely clinging on the screen and on the bottom of the cage hissing, laying on side somtimes ect, and about 8hrs later he was gone, it was too late to get him to the vet unfortunatly:(
good luck to you and your guy!:)

any updates im just reading this in suspense please post somthing im ready to pull my hair out im extremely worried and i dont even know you or him i hope hes alright

He's laying on his side on the bottom of the cage. He was quiet for a long time, just laying there with his eyes closed. Now he's awake & hissing again.

call the freakin vet already or something! anything?! im not blaming you but i would never let him suffer like that!

I've been trying to get a hold of a vet. The guy that I usually go to is out of town. I've been thumbing through the phone book trying to find another one. No luck so far. Most of them don't do reptiles or the reptile vet has the day off. Just my luck!
He's almost a year old.

Back
Top Bottom