please help! the back of his head looks swollen

Lol just cause I'm wiritng in caps ,doesnt mean I'm yelling .lol

Yes, typing in all caps is yelling. Google result:
• People think a message in all caps means that the write is yelling at them. The traditional thing that “all caps” writing has come to mean on the Internet is that you are doing this because you want to convey a tone similar to yelling. A message or article that is written entirely in capital letters is jarring to look at because we don’t typically receive messages that look this way. This is comparable to hearing yelling when what we normally hear is quiet speech. The message that is sent in ALL CAPS comes across as yelling or threatening.

Oh cut it out. That's wasnt my intentions . Thats something a computer geek would say lolits funny I can't stop laughing...

Capital letters mean yelling or threatning hahaha ...

OP, just fill out the form. There are a lot of friendly people on this forum that are willing to help, but we can't do it correctly without the form. In this case it is crucial. Your chameleon may be very sick.

ok...this is going nowhere. im going to post a basic care sheet. read through this and change what need to change as soon as you can.

please pm me a list of your current concerns and we will work one at a time.

Cage:24x24x48' SCREEN cage lots of rope, vines and live plants if you can. live plants will help with the humidity. cover the soil with screen or large rocks. put cage as high up in the room as you can. not near any vents, fans or windows.

Lighting: 5.0 reptisun or reptiglo fluorescent tube (length depends on cage size)/house hold bulb for basking. the house bulb watt will depend on how far your nearest branch is from the light and your ambient room temps.
***change UVB bulbs every 6 months.

Temps: basking temp 90* / ambient temps 72* measure by digital gauges. if you can provide 60 * night time temps. that would be great. if your temps drop into the 50's it is not necessary to put a heat on them but if you do decide to a ceramic heat emitter is best.

Hydration: manual spray 2-5 minutes/2-3 times a day. provide a dripper.

Feeders: gutload (24 hours before feeding) with a variety of fresh veggies and fruits. read sandrachameleons blog on dry gut load ingredients.

Supplements: repcal plain phos free calcium without d3 every feeding. reptivite twice a month.

Last edited:
Thank You ataraxia.

And for you karmachameleo ,I have filled out the whole form,why don't you go back instead of ur insults. Read before you start yappin away . Thank u

Last edited:
Thank You ataraxia.

And for you karmachameleo ,I have filled out the whole form,why don't you go back instead of ur insults. Read before you start yappin away . Thank u

You did not fill it all out, you fill portions of it out, as of now, I'm fed up with your behavior, so those who want to sit here and continue to beg you to fill it all out can.

Your just picking on a beginner ,that's all. I filled out the whole form until humidity part due to my phone dying. The humidity part is sepereate thats all.

Oh cut it out. That's wasnt my intentions . Thats something a computer geek would say lolits funny I can't stop laughing...

Capital letters mean yelling or threatning hahaha ...

Your just picking on a beginner ,that's all. I filled out the whole form until humidity part due to my phone dying. The humidity part is sepereate thats all.
The whole point of that form is to have it all in one place for easy reference not spread out over 9 pages.

Not a computer Geek, an older person, that has common courtesy and civil manners.
I know to answer questions when asked. How to follow directions.

I accepted responsibility the moment my Cham crossed my threshold.

My Lily has become part of my family. I treat her as such including medical care when needed with their OWN established Vet!

I guess I have a more mature and respectful way of dealing with others.
I also have recognized my responsibility towards any pets I chose to bring into my home.

I believe I said this before, I thought I would try again but it just is not working- I am out of this thread.

I wish your Cham all the best, none of this was his fault.

Honestly, at this point I am disappointed.

People are coming to this thread and taking their time to help and your only responses lately have been negative and derailed from the point at hand... and let me remind you, the point at hand was to help keep YOUR chameleon alive.

People coming here to help doesn't do anything for us, we don't get money or sponsorship... we don't get free chams... they do it strictly to HELP. Now, with you derailing the conversation, avoiding questions asked, and acting out against everyone else... you have cost your poor cham time in which we could have helped. Do you honestly think we ask for husbandry info and such because we are nosy? We do it because it helps pin point the issue. Regardless of what people say in the thread, if there is an issue a vet needs to be involved. Period. In all honesty, with the effort that you have shown to get that remedied (i.e. "Looky here guys! He is looking better!" when in all honesty, he looks the same) I am going to throw the towel down and call it. I hope your cham gets better and I hope you understand that the way you have behaved has probably cost you your chance to "Meet chameleon owners". Why? We take this seriously, just as you or anyone else should who takes on the responsibility of taking in one of these magnificent creatures.

PM me if you have any issues.

I'm done with this thread too....can't even get proper answers to questions I have asked to see if I can solve the problem.
Maybe this is another troll thread?

Ya ya ya just cause uou guys are senior members,uou guys are taking eachothers side. Look its just a CHAMELEON forum. Ain't.no one have to get crazy and accuse me of yelling cause I'm typing in capitals. It's a joke

I just saw you responded to my offer, Chloe has offered help as well.
I need to know how to get ahold of you, where you live, what you need.
Please pm me, I will have to fit it in, so please give me as much notice as you can. I leave tomorrow, will need a list by early morning.
Thank you Chloe(panthercham) for offering to come to the rescue
Anne

Hi Sontiger that would be great. I also do construction and trade for services. I also can makecustom cages as well.

Just private message me and we will talk through pm

Its great that you are asking for help, please understand, the people here are trying to help you. They are not being rude or trying to pry into your business, they are simply trying to better understand your situation, so that they can help you find out what is wrong with your chameleon. Chameleon's are very sensitive animals, I am sure you already know that by owning two of them. However when owning any pet you need to be able to take full responsibility for it. If you do not think that is possible, you should not buy the animal, much less two. You should wait to buy it until you are able to afford to give it the care it needs. Owning a pet means being prepared for any sort emergency. I myself am a new chameleon owner, my chameleon had a fall and afterwards was not acting right. I did not spare any time in contacting a vet. Remember this is a living thing! It cost me $500.00 to save my chameleons life. I paid for it, and now months later he is doing great. He is the most wonderful animal, and I would never even think of sacrificing his life because I did not have the money. I am a college student, I don't make a lot, so before you say that I must have that kind of money, I don't. However I understood when buying the chameleon it could happen, and it did. I made sure to save money before purchasing him in case of emergencies. I understand you are probably young, and I really hope someone on this forum can help you, and if you truly don't have money to own these kinds of animals then please find them homes that will be able to care for them.

Ya ya ya just cause uou guys are senior members,uou guys are taking eachothers side. Look its just a CHAMELEON forum. Ain't.no one have to get crazy and accuse me of yelling cause I'm typing in capitals. It's a joke

Sides? :confused:The only "side" necessary on a CHAMELEON forum is the chameleon's! Some of us remember the old pre-internet days when keepers got to flounder around in ignorance watching almost all their animals suffer and die. Thank your lucky stars this opinionated forum gives your cham a somewhat better chance if you step across the "side"line.

Last edited:

I just saw you responded to my offer, Chloe has offered help as well.
I need to know how to get ahold of you, where you live, what you need.
Please pm me, I will have to fit it in, so please give me as much notice as you can. I leave tomorrow, will need a list by early morning.
Thank you Chloe(panthercham) for offering to come to the rescue
Anne

i would take full advantage of this person offering help... thats a really kind gesture

Back
Top Bottom