please help me

ajschameleons

my chameleon was mated 3 weeks ago now i think she is ready to drop but she wont go into her bucket of sand to lay her eggs she just keeps scratchin at the floor what can i do to get her into her sand im afraid shes going to become eggbound any info would be brilliant

Last edited:
First: What kinda chameleon do you have? Veiled and Panther usually lay their eggs in about 30 days. Only 3 weeks, your female chameleon will just run around looking for suitable nesting site. 1 more week, she will be laying her eggs.

Second: Setup a breeding bucket; moist sand, soil, coconut shread etc will do. The breeding bucket must be at least 12 inch deep; mine was 18 inch deep in a trash can. Place some stick in for easy access. Veiled and Panther will dig about 10 - 12 inch deep to lay their eggs.

I would recommend trying a trashcan set-up like the one Will posted on the thread by Phoenix titled: "I'm thinking Gravid"
The pictures are on page two.

-Brad

I Have A Veiled Chameleon I Have A Plastic See Through Circular Tub Which Is About 15 Inches High With About 12 Inches Of Sand In It Would That Be Sufficiant

I Have A Veiled Chameleon I Have A Plastic See Through Circular Tub Which Is About 15 Inches High With About 12 Inches Of Sand In It Would That Be Sufficiant

I've never been fond of using clear laying containers because the digging females will reach the walls and incoming light from under ground might confuse them enough to be too uncomfortable to lay. Try the big trashcan method, works great.

My panthers lay eggs in the root system of the plant she has in her cage. The planter is black so no light gets in.

You said its been three weeks since the mating....so she might not be quite ready to lay them yet.

hairfarm67 is right about the clear containers.

Back
Top Bottom