Please help I'm really worried

Doop

Male(?) chameleon is very lethargic/weak, somewhat yellow in color, not sure if eating, doesn't move much/at all,

edit:
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male(?), in my care for a week or so
Handling - once every two days?
Feeding - crickets.
Supplements - d3
Watering - spray bottle, until theres droplets on plant. don't see him drink
Fecal Description - poo'd just now seemed runny was brown with a bit of white
History - i'm babysiting him. no other experiance

Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen
Lighting - heat on all day and night. day light off at night
Temperature - i don't know
Humidity - i don't know
Plants - fake plant/branch
Placement - barly used room
Location - arizona

Current Problem - very lethargic/weak, somewhat yellow in color, not sure if eating, doesn't move much/at all, i think it might be vitamin a deficiency or dehydration or too much stress i don't know anything i'm trying to get him back to his owner but i can't get ahold of her i think he threw up i want to take him to a vet but i have no way to get there

Please fill this out as best as you can.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

he's not moving he's sitting on the floor of the cage he's breathing his eyes are closed.

i don't think he's gonna make it i'm so scared i wish i could get a hold of his owner

Your not giving us very much to go on here. Could he be too hot? Heat on day and night and not knowing the temp could be the problem. Are you able to post a pic? What does his eyes look like? Are they full or are they sunken?

Ok let's start with where you are. Most of AZ is hotter than hades this time of year. Unless your AC is below 50 at night he does not need or want any heat. Shut that off. What size watt is his heat light? Again based on your room temp he needs limited heat during the day. Tell me about your temps.

Next water, you need to mist him RIGHT NOW with room temp water, do that for at least 15 minutes. After that he will need a dripper (more about that later), but for now you need to mist him every 2 hours for at least 10 minutes. After you get him hydrated, we can go from there. Don't move him or stress him, just spray him where he is. Also make very sure he in not in sunlight coming in a window, that will also overheat him.
You can offer him a food item, but if he does not eat it take it out so it will not bite him.

Let me know how he is doing.

1175315_684390448256982_1199549835_n.jpg

1175176_684390171590343_1158339671_n.jpg

the plant is usually on the branch but it fell off he's not yellow any more and he's still breathing

sorry i can only take pics with ipod

just starting to mist him like you said

he's soaking wet now are you sure this is right?

he kinda jumped up when i started misting but now he's just sitting there

Forget me telling you not to move him. Get him out of that cage ASAP. for now put him on a towel and start misting. You can sit the towel in a bathtub if you want. Then spray him - by hand - not a shower- for the same times I said to do above.

This is my email, if you email your ph I will call you and walk you through what you need to do.

[email protected] that is sageser L not sageser 1

hope to hear from you soon.

just starting to mist him like you said

he's soaking wet now are you sure this is right?

he kinda jumped up when i started misting but now he's just sitting there

In the pic he is lying. After misting is he up sitting?

no he's still laying he just sat up and layed back down when i sprayed him

thank you all for helping me i'm so freaking worried about him

Forget me telling you not to move him. Get him out of that cage ASAP. for now put him on a towel and start misting. You can sit the towel in a bathtub if you want. Then spray him - by hand - not a shower- for the same times I said to do above.

This is my email, if you email your ph I will call you and walk you through what you need to do.

[email protected] that is sageser L not sageser 1

hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks, my email is [email protected]

Yes we are emailing back and forth. I think it is working. I just don't know if it is too little too late. The owner is there now, that may help.

Last edited:
: )

I just wanted to let you all know that the chameleon seems to be doing a lot better now. He's still pretty tired, but he's a normal color, his eyes are open, he is drinking water again and he's moving and walking around much more. :)

Thank you all for helping me. <3

Back
Top Bottom