Playin' Possum...

I was filling my bottle to spray some Chams last weekend and I turn around and there was a baby Possum looking up at me from under the dining room table!! I have no I dea how long this little guy was in or house...He was living in a hole in the back of our fridge...(nasty!) But this has to be the cutest one I have ever seen. We took him outside and put him in our orange tree to take some pics... I will also post a vid later. He ended up not likeing that tree and dropped out 5 mins later just to try to come back into the house... The tempting thing was I ahd my Boa in his feeding tub when I found this guy... Ziggy would have made a quick meal of this guy but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Kat77

Are you going to keep him? He's so cute! And DO NOT FEED IT TO YOUR SNAKE no matter how many thank-you notes you are promised!

Here is one vote for the possum!

Hehe... Yeah when I showed it to Julia... The first thing out of her mouth "YOU ARE NOT FEEDING HIM TO ZIGGY!"... Damn!

Dean is right... I hate these things... and if he is back anytime soon I will give the little guy the privledge of nourishing my snake. I don't want to find little possom parties happening in my backyard. I have always had a fear of these animals cause when I was 10 I was climbing a grapefruit tree in my Uncles orchard and climbed right into the face of a momma possum with her babies:eek:... She let out a blood curling hiss at me and motioned toward me like she was going to attack... I screamed like a little girl as I fell out of the tree. Ever since those little Wirey Haired Spawns of Satan... have been the only animal on planet earth I actually dislike. Until i found this guy I had never used the words "cute" and "Possum" in the same sentence. He is lucky my lady was home or he would be a bump in Ziggy's belly right now.

Oh Kat...

We did not keep him... I observed his behavior from a distance for a little bit... and let him wonder away. A couple weeks back We had a little Blue Belly fence lizard that let me walk up and pick him up one day when he was basking... I kept him in a small cham cage I had laying around... Fed him small crix for about a week... And let him go... I wanted to see if I could catch a fem for him... and see if i could produce some CB Blue Bellies... But now there are so many around the house that I can observe them wihtout keeping them captive.

Kat77

Oh Kat...

We did not keep him... I observed his behavior from a distance for a little bit... and let him wonder away. A couple weeks back We had a little Blue Belly fence lizard that let me walk up and pick him up one day when he was basking... I kept him in a small cham cage I had laying around... Fed him small crix for about a week... And let him go... I wanted to see if I could catch a fem for him... and see if i could produce some CB Blue Bellies... But now there are so many around the house that I can observe them wihtout keeping them captive.
Ha! Well I'm glad he's not snake food, although I can't blame you for not wanting to keep him! Ok, I don't live anywhere NEAR any place tropical, so what the heck is a Blue Belly?

When I was a kid in southern California ( Pamona) that was one of the most common Lizards we use to catch also tarantulas. They have a blue underside and are plain on the upper part.

When I was really young I had a baby opossum, that had been seperated from it's mother, for a few months. Surprisingly it was a very gentle/docile companion. I like it a little better than the two baby skunks my grandpa had for a while... I only got sprayed once!

Top Bottom