Plants and flowers in enclosures

Zero84

Hi this is my first post, my name is Ryan. I have kept chameleons on and off for eight years, but I was hoping for some good insight on my enclosure. It is very large. It is almost a small room. I would like to plant some flowers and grasses on the floor. My goal is to balance the misting level with the water that the plants need. My soil is a little to moist with about twenty minutes of misting a day. I thought with a few more ground level plants and a little more light I could accomplish it. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

plants and flowers in enclosure

I have a male ambilobe. He is probably two and a half. My plants are planted in the substrate. My mister is running about twenty five minutes a day which seems a little two much. The cage is hexagonal. It is about eight feet long eight foot tall and four foot deep with a walk in door. The humidity is perfect right now and will stay consistent with less misting, but sometimes he doesn't start to drink until five minutes after the mister has started. I will put some pics up when I get a chance. The plants are still in their plastic pots but I removed the bottom half of the plastic to keep the plants better supported. The roots should start to grow out. Kind of an experiment. Hope to hear some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom