Pixie and the egg!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
I came home from shopping today to see Pixie had pooped and laid a single tiny egg! She has had a lay tub in her viv since I got her in September 2016. I've covered the front of her viv for now.

Attachments

• 20180213_130940.jpg
    20180213_130940.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 307
She's gone on to lay 3 more. It's her first time, but not mine. I've had female Veileds in the past and they always laid ok. It's concerning that she is dropping them from her branches, but from research I've done on here and online it appears that it's not uncommon for a female's first clutch. It seems to me like she thinks she needs to poop rather than lay. She's asleep now as it's almost 8:30pm ere in the UK. Hopefully she will dig a hole and lay the rest tomorrow.

Hi Jann, I vaguely remember Sadie. The shop I got Pixie from has said that a few of their Panther girls had struggle a bit with their first clutches. I am going to watch her closely throughout the day tomorrow, obviously without her seeing me look at her.

Hi Jann, I vaguely remember Sadie. The shop I got Pixie from has said that a few of their Panther girls had struggle a bit with their first clutches. I am going to watch her closely throughout the day tomorrow, obviously without her seeing me look at her.

I'll be praying that your sweet girl will be ok.

Maybe you could dig a hole for her and show it to her and it might help...maybe it would t too.
They're usually in trouble when they do this from what I know.
Good luck!

We're back! Vet couldn't feel any more eggs in her, but that's not to say there aren't any. Pixie had a calcium injection and we'll need to go back for xrays tomorrow afternoon if she doesn't lay any more. Vet was reluctant to administer oxytocin since she could feel any eggs.

Come on Pixie...give your keeper a break...it's Valentines day! Get rid of the rest of those eggs...you can't keep them until Easter. Seriously...I hope she's ok.

Been back to the vets. This vet said they could feel another egg and suggested an xray which I agreed to. This was done by another vet and he said there were around 4-6 eggs still inside her. He gave her another calcium shot and some oxytocin. In the 5min journey home she laid 4, followed by another 3 when I put her back in her cage. Hope that they all come out and don't cause more trouble! She's laid 14 so far.

Been back to the vets. This vet said they could feel another egg and suggested an xray which I agreed to. This was done by another vet and he said there were around 4-6 eggs still inside her. He gave her another calcium shot and some oxytocin. In the 5min journey home she laid 4, followed by another 3 when I put her back in her cage. Hope that they all come out and don't cause more trouble! She's laid 14 so far.

Go Pixie! You get those eggs out and recovery quickly from laying them.

Back
Top Bottom