Pitbulls anyone?

i put no value in breed discrimination i have a rotti and a pit they were both raised the exact same and if eitheir one could be considered dangerious its the rotti and that is only because when she was a pup a dog next door attacked her and has been weiry of other dogs since. but still both sweathearts. what i am saying i that it is the individual owners and past experiences that determine a dogs temperment and not the breed.

Not necessarily, bad breeding has indeed resulted in more aggressive dogs in certain breeds. While almost all dogs can be trained well, certain breeds are sought after by people who will not train them well/for safety. For that reason, certain breeds generally are more likely to be dangerous. It's not the breeds fault, it's the humans. While no one can say one breed is completely dangerous and all animals with that blood in them is dangerous, you can say certain breeds are more likely to be dangerous.

In some cases, aggression/protectiveness was bred into the breed on purpose for that breeds intended use (like certain herding dogs for example.) these dogs are also more likely to be dangerous.

Sad Update

This is my Bindi. Idk where she was originally, but I got her from a friend that moved a few years ago and couldn't take her with him.
bindi.jpg

b.jpg

This beautiful girl was unfortunate enough to develop bone cancer. It was in her hip, which could have been cut out, but the doctor said it looked like it was already starting to infect her spine. We just found this out today, and had to put her down. She had been hurting for a while, but now she's free. She loved humans, but was very dog aggressive, so maybe she can now beat up other dogs whenever she wants... :rolleyes::(

This beautiful girl was unfortunate enough to develop bone cancer. It was in her hip, which could have been cut out, but the doctor said it looked like it was already starting to infect her spine. We just found this out today, and had to put her down. She had been hurting for a while, but now she's free. She loved humans, but was very dog aggressive, so maybe she can now beat up other dogs whenever she wants... :rolleyes::(

Very sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose them.

Before they were domesticated? What? Is culling people different? Please explain.

first of the term culling does not apply to people. and if you want to apply it to people i think it was tried once by a little known guy HITLER and we know how that went

Culling is just that - culling. And people ARE animals. Think of the eugenics period of the 19th century, yes Hitler, but also Rwanda, secetarian violence anywhere throughout history and today. Then there is class wars and health care caps.... I think they might be included in fringe culling. Heck! War is an act that inadvertantly culls our herd.

Sorry, off topic. Pits, almost got one but settled on the chessie instead. And yeah, it did have to do with the "breed". My husband freaked. Last I knew, she was still being fostered. She was incredibly sweet - hope she got to a forever home.

Back
Top Bottom