Pitbulls anyone?

Hello there guys

Attachments

• joke.jpg
    joke.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 71
Thats because there isnt chameleon catchers to go into the woods and catch the ones that were turned a lose from people. And if your refering to the site as a thug site, define Thug for me Yank. never mind i will Thug, a common criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire. so where does a pitbull site apply to a thug, its your incapable ability to comprehend what your saying. I see nothing thugish about it other than your to stupid to see that all pitbulls arent owned by thugs. Take the picture i have attached, how many thugs honor a confederate flag, by this you know what i mean, your refering to ebonic speakers by your tone of tru dat playa crap. So other than you should have said it could be a southern thing and not a thug crap. But i can see your mantality, Its ok i understand, you think you funny,Pirate Joe.

chill dude...hje just havin fun with word play.....as a OP you should do otherwise and change the subject along time ago ....JMHO

I don't think you should call someone stupid if you aren't using basic grammar in your sentences. JMO.

I think he's just trying to lighten the mood sir.

I have a few questions for jrh3: what health tests does your brother do on his breeding stock? Does he ask that his puppy people do any health checks at 2 yo (whether or not they are going to be bred). Are they registered? If so, with which kennel club? Does he sell them on a spay/neuter contract? Does he (or his buyers) show them or do any competitive activities with them? If so, are they titled?
Just curious.

yes hip tested and he could tell you the others. they are registered he whould know who. Also his stock are in competition's for show and strength and agilitly and such. he can give you all the info

here is onw of my three dogs....her name is Saphy...got her from the pound....she was used to breed and then left her on the streets after taking away her pups...she is pretty small (30 lbs) and is 6-7 years old

She is beautiful & what a great rescue story too :D

Olimpia & Hoj... lovin your beautiful furry 4 leggers :)
Olimipia, <3 your god-dogs sweater!
Hoj, Xmas outfit so cute.
They are all beautiful :D Good owners make for good pets!!!

here is onw of my three dogs....her name is Saphy...got her from the pound....she was used to breed and then left her on the streets after taking away her pups...she is pretty small (30 lbs) and is 6-7 years old

I already repied but don't see it so just in case I'm reposting again...
Love her & your rescue story!!! :D So many people will turn away from an older (non-pup) dog... AWESOME!

The local shelters are over run by stray pitbulls that animal control officers pick them up from the streets...this one girl that used to play with us told us they would put to sleep 5-7 dogs a week...

My "god-dog" is a pit-lab mix. She's a darling wiggly clutz <3 She was adopted from a shelter.

lilyadorable.jpg

lilysweater.jpg

Does she like wearing the sweater? We just found out our lady loves wearing shirts and sweaters. They keep her warm. :) She gets excited when she sees her shirt.

My dog isn't a pit, but she is an old lady. The shelter thinks shes seven. She has a floppy belly from having puppies before we got her. She likes it when I jiggle the loose skin. She's a weirdo. She also makes you pet her by sticking her head under your hand and pushing it around until you pet her. Then she moves into position for wherever she wants to be petted. One minute you're petting her head and all of a sudden her belly is under your hand!

Pssh, yes she does! A few weeks ago when we got the first cold wave here in FL felt cold for the first time and was just freaking out. You can tell she's cold and hates it! So she has a couple warm sweaters and she does much better, she's much more relaxed outside. And she doesn't protest to putting them on, so she must like them :D

Pitbulls should be banned, there are plenty much more reliable and safe guard dogs out there. Plus, they sell em so cheap now that every kid and wannabe badass goes out and gets one not knowing what they are getting themselves into, and end up with a dangerous animal. I know they are not really more agressive when taken care of properly, but that is just not what happens, just look at the quotes they use to sell these dogs....

An insanely muscular and ripped heavy bred 21 black jack on a freaky tiny pocket frame awesome built lowrider with an insane head piece anyone?

They really aren't any more dangerous than a German shepherd or any other large dog. If it wanted to hurt you, it most certainly could, but if you raise them like any other dog the chances of that are no higher than my Sheltie bitting me viciously. The problem is that the Pit has become the official ganster dog and fighting dog, so what happens is that a good chunk of people that have them are not raising them to be just a cuddly family dog. But I believe pits are in the top 5 breeds to have with children. I read that somewhere, I'd ahve to go back and double check, but I would belive it. All the one's I've ever met are just as docile as a lab.

However, although I hate to ban anything, I wonder if panning the breed in certain palces is helping to keep the use of the breed for illegal purposes down? It sucks for all the people that love them, but if it's keeping the dogs in that city safer then maybe it's worth it. Does anyone know if it is?

I believe golden retrievers are higher up on the bite list than pits, but I'm not 100%.

In my opinion, it's kind of hard to actually get your dog to the point where they would attack something for pretty much no reason. Protection and defense are different though. All you need to do is train the dog well and even playful nips shouldn't happen. It's not that hard.

My aunt takes in dogs that she finds as strays, gets them their shots and spay/neuters them, then finds homes for them. All the pit/staffy dogs she's taken in generally didn't have any big problems. Some were a bit weary of anyone going near their food, but that's kind of expected in strays. The younger pups wanted to play 24/7 but a good walk/play at a dogpark or field would wear them out pretty good. The blue that my cousin got from her (his mom) had absolutely no problems what so ever except that he loved to jump on people (and needed to be potty trained.)

If strays don't have aggression problems, then why the heck should pets? Aside from training it into them anyways.

I understand that and no pitbulls are not top of the chaine when it comes to bites, but they are up there when it comes to death or serious injury, i find the breed is stained with a reputation of being a dangerous animal, and will cause the idiots who want to impress or have a so called bad ass dog to go for this breed just for its reputation, and you know theres alot of douches out there.

Yeah. :/ that's why I think banning them in 'problem' areas is a good idea. According to records, the bites from pits in areas that have banned them have gone down.

Edit: small dogs bite waaaayyyy more! My neighbor's vicious pure bred chihuahua attacked my foot while I was walking down the street once! AND they yelled at me because I was trying to shake it off of me. And it messes around with my dog who gets confused because she just wants to play with the stupid thing.

Back
Top Bottom