Pitbulls anyone?

jrh3

Established Member
Is anyone into pits, here is a link to my brother who sells them and shows them. No he is not a puppy mill. All his dogs are pets and will obey on the drop of a dime. He has spent many years dedicating to the short stocky bully. Just thought i would offer his site to any pit lovers. Many say they are viscious breed, i thought so also until i started coming around his dogs, and i can tell you now it is 100% how you raise them. anyways here is the link, let me know what you think.

http://www.tunedpits.com/index.php

I think that's stupid. The world doesn't need anymore dogs that have been bred on purpose.

I think that's stupid. The world doesn't need anymore dogs that have been bred on purpose.

Exactly you THINK, you dont know. Is that also true with all these women having 6 kids living on wellfare, should we all do like china and only allow 1 child.

The problem is people letting there dogs roam and breed anything they come up to. So your saying that fence hoping is ok because it wasnt on purpose?

Responsible breeding and selective breeding for high quality pets or show dogs, which the shows my brother does raises money for neutering and spaying for the people who have dogs that werent bred on purpose, those are the stupid people who cant control there dogs urge to breed(not on purpose), but selective breeding(on purpose) is more resposible than letting spike fly by night through the neihborhood.:cool:

yeah when he started rasing them, i was thinking your average pitbull. But he has blown me away with some of the ones he has produced, the freak boy has the biggest head i have ever saw. and he is also the biggest baby i have ever saw. lol

The only 2 reasons I agree with this are that in-bred dogs are sometimes less healthy and don't live as long, and because of the bias most people have against pits. The more pits there are out there, the more pits will be in pounds and put to sleep because of this bias. Personally I absolutely love pit bulls, I have a pit-boxer mix. It just makes me sad that they are so put down when I'd be more scared of a tiny dog that will bite me because it's scared, instead of a big pit that (if raised right) will only bite if you attack it's owners. They are very loyal, loving, family-oriented dogs if the owner shows it love and not a life of fighting and abuse.

True they are becoming over populated and imbred, but those are mostly the basic pit that idiots use for fighting and crap. Thats why he dedicated his work to only high quality. a good eye can see the difference.

Thats YOUR opinion. And Im sure there are plenty of dog breeders that think the same thing about snakes and lizards. If the breeder finds good quality forever homes how is he doing any disservice to the breed or the public? ;)

Thats YOUR opinion. And Im sure there are plenty of dog breeders that think the same thing about snakes and lizards. If the breeder finds good quality forever homes how is he doing any disservice to the breed or the public? ;)

Taken from my mouth. Were not overpopulated with animal's. and worst case senario when SHTF, we have an ambundant food source, LOL.:eek:

My brother has had 1 return in 5 years and that was because the owner was sick and couldnt care for it, he has contracts on most of them that if they become deglected or the owner no longer wants them, then he has first choice to buy it back or find it a new owner.

Yes, it is my opinion. So what?

The more dogs you breed on purpose the more dogs get pushed away. What happens when dogs don't have homes and they don't live in shelters? Oh I don't know, they get hit by cars, become malnourished, get mange. But that's not that bad, right?

I'm not saying every dog ends up in that situation either. Tons of them end up being put down instead.

I say feed the puppies to snakes and only allow people with permits to legally breed dogs. And yes, I do think there should be a limit on how many children a family can have. Nothing gets done unless you do something about it. I smell the scent of revolution.

I also don't care that he has only had one brought back. All of those puppies he sold could have been shelter pitbulls. Think about how many stray, unwanted dogs could have become cherished, loved pets. But, nah. Shelter dogs aren't good enough. Right?

If you breed for showing, keep the best one and humanely kill the others. You only need that one dog right?

I would have to say that our local shelters are composed of 75% pitbulls-and very few get adopted. I won't get into the "political debate" but I like pssh's statement. Why do people continue to breed animals when there are so many that are homeless?
People-go to the shelters, it is a super eye opening experience. I think anyone breeding pitbulls should be forced to go to the shelter and watch them put animal after animal to sleep-and it is not as humane as we all want to think it is.

Last edited:
If you breed for showing, keep the best one and humanely kill the others. You only need that one dog right?

I will not agree with this. You do not know that your dog is meeting "breed standards" until they are adults for the most part. Often, if you are breeding correctly, you will get more show quality/champion quality animals then "pet quality" and responsible breeders have spay/neuter contracts on their pet quality animals. Champions are bred to continue/help perfect the breed standard.

People breeding for fun, or breeding for money are different altogether.

Yes, it is my opinion. So what?

The more dogs you breed on purpose the more dogs get pushed away. What happens when dogs don't have homes and they don't live in shelters? Oh I don't know, they get hit by cars, become malnourished, get mange. But that's not that bad, right?

I'm not saying every dog ends up in that situation either. Tons of them end up being put down instead.

I say feed the puppies to snakes and only allow people with permits to legally breed dogs. And yes, I do think there should be a limit on how many children a family can have. Nothing gets done unless you do something about it. I smell the scent of revolution.

I also don't care that he has only had one brought back. All of those puppies he sold could have been shelter pitbulls. Think about how many stray, unwanted dogs could have become cherished, loved pets. But, nah. Shelter dogs aren't good enough. Right?

In my opinion... You saying feeding pups to snakes and the person only needs one out of the litter ... sounds radical and I think it defeats your purpose of helping stray negelected animals.... mite as well feed the stray ones to the snakes...."out with the old and in with the new". .... However i support adoption from pounds rather than getting a one from a breeder... But this can be the same with chams so to speak ..... I know you mean well Kara... but you should educate people and try to put your emotions and feelings aside from the topic..... Sorry but on this post I felt to assume your tone on this thread........:p

Then put them down when they are older. Makes no difference to me, but it could make a difference to the life of a shelter dog.

Edit: yes, I am saying I think strays should/could be fed off too. Why waste a dead body?

Making the difference in the life of a shelter dog.

Unfortunatley 75% of people that even own dogs do not do right by them. This is why I don't understand why people keep breeding them.

Do people really stop and think that the dog gets attached to them and how cruel it is to drop them off at the pound (or elsewhere)? Nope-it is all about the people. Sucky people. Now I am just angry. :(

And yes, I do think there should be a limit on how many children a family can have. Nothing gets done unless you do something about it. I smell the scent of revolution.

Do you have any siblings?:rolleyes:

Also whats the difference in a shelter dog living in a cage, when it could live in a backyard 1 acre. And your chameleons living in a cage when there from 1,000 acres of tree tops, exactly, chameleons are looked at different because they dont show affection. Chameleons are more confined from natural habitat than a dog.

Oh yeah I forgot.... I love pitbulls ... Mine is rednose mixed with a collie(lassie)..... And looks all pit, a bit slender on the legs and just has a hairy butt compared to his body fur.... The other one is weird someone told me she was a miniature pit .. She is 6-7 years old and only ways 30 pounds... Small body frame too....

Do you have any siblings?:rolleyes:

Also whats the difference in a shelter dog living in a cage, when it could live in a backyard 1 acre. And your chameleons living in a cage when there from 1,000 acres of tree tops, exactly, chameleons are looked at different because they dont show affection. Chameleons are more confined from natural habitat than a dog.

Confinement is so not an issue here. Dogs are pack animals that show devotion and loyalty. They are far more complex then the purposed eating and breeding chameleon brain.

Back
Top Bottom