pics of soc, lela, and olly

ollygatorsnapper

hey guys just thought i would post sum new pics of my kids, sorry if they are a bit big, enjoy!

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

heres lela caught sleeping in the feeder bin, hangin on with a leg and her tail
IMG_0836-1.jpg

and my bodyguard olly
IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Awww! It's great to see Socrates and Walela settled in their new home. That turtle looks evil though! Aren't you scared of him? I would be!:eek:

Awww! It's great to see Socrates and Walela settled in their new home. That turtle looks evil though! Aren't you scared of him? I would be!:eek:

lol no i'm not scared of him, he looks mean but he's lazy, he would rather you stick sumthing in his mouth rather than actually lunge and try to bite you. i think he's just really happy and thats a huge smile! lol

He just looks so menacing with that huge beak! UgH! He makes my hair stand on end, lol!:D I do love to see turtles in the water though - I love how they look like they are all in one piece with no seams, lol! :D

how much does your snapper weight, It is beautiful. I had a 18in male about 10 years ago. They are awesome expecially at feeding time.lol

My pics are always huge too! You know I am droolin over that blue chameleon! lol! But I am sure he has a great home with you! I love your tortoise too! I had a small one about 4 years back. It was a Bells Hinge back. Dont' know if you are familiar with that type. Anyways, I had him for 6 years and he dug under my fence and went in my neighbors yard and was killed by their pit bull. They knew it and never even told me but I ended up finding out about through the grapevine! I posted "lost" signs all over thinking I was gonna find him and here he was dead all along. I was devastated to say the least. I never have had anything to do with those people again. Looking back at your pic, I am thinking maybe he is a turtle and not a tortoise????

how much does your snapper weight, It is beautiful. I had a 18in male about 10 years ago. They are awesome expecially at feeding time.lol

yea he prolly only weighs 4-5 pounds, i think his shell is 8-9 in's. he doesnt grow very fast at all. what i really want is a 150+lb turtle. now wouldnt that be awwwesome!

My pics are always huge too! You know I am droolin over that blue chameleon! lol! But I am sure he has a great home with you! I love your tortoise too! I had a small one about 4 years back. It was a Bells Hinge back. Dont' know if you are familiar with that type. Anyways, I had him for 6 years and he dug under my fence and went in my neighbors yard and was killed by their pit bull. They knew it and never even told me but I ended up finding out about through the grapevine! I posted "lost" signs all over thinking I was gonna find him and here he was dead all along. I was devastated to say the least. I never have had anything to do with those people again. Looking back at your pic, I am thinking maybe he is a turtle and not a tortoise????

wow thats a crazy story, cant believe he crossed paths with a pit bull. sorry for your loss. yeah lela and soc are doing great. by the way it's not a turtoise, it is the largest freshwater turtle in the world, and i think has the second strongest jaw in the world. Currrazy dinosaur i think

i just talked to a girl on Craigslist. she is getting rid of a tortoise. I forget the name, would have to go back and look at the post. Anyways, he is 60 lbs now and she says he gets over 200! Well, you see my yard...I want to keep it that way!! They dig!!! i said forget it!!!!

lol good call! that backyard looks fabulous. if i had bought me an 150+lb alligatorsnapper, i would prolly have to have my own pond and a tall barbwire fence, blehh

he will grow fast mine loved when i came home from fishing i brought him live bream, he loved them and made him gain weight.

Awwee!!

They look great, glad to see they are doing well I had been drueling over them when they were up for grabs... so lucky you! :D

Very nice chams and turtle.

Is that male panther ambanja?

Looks very similar to the ambanja bloodline we have here in South Africa. Especialy the head shape.

Last edited:
Carol I believe it was a sulcata tortoise? Big sweethearts. :). Mine hasn't showed any interest in digging whatsoever. Then again, he is at the tail end of recovering from MBD, so he might just be too weak/not used to digging. I was surprised he could walk when I got him...

Anywho, you take good care of those lovely chameleons! They're famous you know ;) I like the small turtles :) they don't hurt much when they bite :D

Carol I believe it was a sulcata tortoise? Big sweethearts. :). Mine hasn't showed any interest in digging whatsoever. Then again, he is at the tail end of recovering from MBD, so he might just be too weak/not used to digging. I was surprised he could walk when I got him...

Anywho, you take good care of those lovely chameleons! They're famous you know ;) I like the small turtles :) they don't hurt much when they bite :D

lol yea i spent like 3 hours on friday adding the finishing touches, everything was being a pain in the butt! had to drill holes in the ceiling and extend my heat lamps up about a foot bcuz 150w is way too hot. i added a mister to soc's cage and that was a little tricky, not much of a mister. its more like a weak spray bottle. getting the dubia colony cage setup wasnt too bad just took alot of tape and a thermo timer and heat pad. i freaked out a little on the whole tomatoes are toxic thing. it was my first time i've made a gutload really so i basically blended a bunch of anything that would be good for them(besides that half tomato that i wont use again). i think next time i'm going to add some oats and baby cereal to my next load. anyway these little guys were worth it!

i love my turtle, he is too low maintenance. i can go out and have fun catching fish somewhere, and bring them back for his dinner! lol i have a couple catfish in the tank rite now with missing fins and tails, and they still survive, like jrh said its sweet watching them eat.

Thats awesome man, you never had anyone saying he looks like a mix breed?

Just curious but do you know his lineage? I wonder if somehow its an ambanja from south africa or maybe yours is somehow related to ours.

as far as i know, Socrates is an f1, offspring of spiderman who is WC. spiderman passed away i think, and i've been trying to find a pic of him. but yea he's a pretty special boy. i cant remember either where silver had purchased him.

Back
Top Bottom