Picked the name Mavi... updated pics of my boy.

We got to go outside for some sunshine today & he absolutely loved it!! We also decided on the name Mavi. :):):)

Attachments

• ABA03536-FB84-405F-A5FA-C96B994FDC83.jpeg
    ABA03536-FB84-405F-A5FA-C96B994FDC83.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 174
  • 40E97238-DD4F-4BA2-BDBF-84F02E683636.jpeg
    40E97238-DD4F-4BA2-BDBF-84F02E683636.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 6D1193E7-3A8F-41D2-91FD-627B22D35F58.jpeg
    6D1193E7-3A8F-41D2-91FD-627B22D35F58.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 155
  • 9B2F2DC0-3E3B-40AC-B90F-F209C4E00490.jpeg
    9B2F2DC0-3E3B-40AC-B90F-F209C4E00490.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 176
Thank you so so much!

Thank you so so much! I try to take as many pictures as I can, he’s definitely like a child now. Lol
Please don't thank me ..u should thank yourself taking good care of Mavi. I bet he will suprise you with more colors in the coming year!!

I have been trying my best to keep him well taken care of and I am a firm believer in doing your research and planning, my set up even tho I’m using a large plastic bin while he is so young still cost me over $500 to be able to have the things he needs to be a healthy boy! He is an absolute joy to me and my partner, we researched for over 6 months before even reaching out to someone to purchase. Our home will be done at the end of May and when we get back in that house he is going to have a massive wall cage. Mavi seems to be a happy boy! :) :)
Here is his enclosure, and please if there is something you would change let me know.. I have put large rocks over the soil of the pants since the photos...

Attachments

• 9F37C409-D96E-4A91-B8A7-F766C667FC60.jpeg
    9F37C409-D96E-4A91-B8A7-F766C667FC60.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 61840C77-4BEE-45EA-AF45-7FE802E82EC3.jpeg
    61840C77-4BEE-45EA-AF45-7FE802E82EC3.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 703A10F1-29DC-46F6-9EA5-D4B12949B4E8.jpeg
    703A10F1-29DC-46F6-9EA5-D4B12949B4E8.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DDA01EF3-F018-433F-B767-CEEB3F40FBD4.jpeg
    DDA01EF3-F018-433F-B767-CEEB3F40FBD4.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 124
Since he still a baby cham I would make sure he get to his feeder quickly the large the bin the more works for him to find his prey...plus u dont want to put too much feeders(like cricket) in at one time....they might nib him too.
I do like the stick set up that gives the baby to practice his balance n grips ...I probably would get rid of that analog thermometer n use a hi tech digital thermometer just to get a accurate reading....besides that u will keep up lots misting..and watch those tiny poop just to make sure he is eating correctly . someone else can also makes some recommendations for your precious cham...enjoy ur cham!!

Mavi is beautiful. How old is he? I am going to let more experienced keepers critique the plastic tub for housing. My worry there would be potential for an RI but that is all I am going to say pertaining to that. I would like to make sure that you are using T5 HO fixture for your UVB lighting. I see you have a double dome which houses a heat bulb and compact UVB bulb. The compact bulbs are worthless though.

Since he still a baby cham I would make sure he get to his feeder quickly the large the bin the more works for him to find his prey...plus u dont want to put too much feeders(like cricket) in at one time....they might nib him too.
I do like the stick set up that gives the baby to practice his balance n grips ...I probably would get rid of that analog thermometer n use a hi tech digital thermometer just to get a accurate reading....besides that u will keep up lots misting..and watch those tiny poop just to make sure he is eating correctly . someone else can also makes some recommendations for your precious cham...enjoy ur cham!!
I use that just for glancing, I have a probe and a digital one as well... the guy I got my chameleon from houses his babies in the totes, I do have a fan on low facing the ceiling to keep ventilation going and make sure he has fresh air at all times. He gets 120 seconds of mistings every 2 hours while I’m at work and a constant dripper. He gets half in a cup and the other half he has no trouble hunting, once he has hunted most I then add to the cup. I make sure he hunts before cupping and he is fairly quick with the hunting so far. I’ve had him a month tomorrow, he is right at 3.5 months old I think.

Mavi is beautiful. How old is he? I am going to let more experienced keepers critique the plastic tub for housing. My worry there would be potential for an RI but that is all I am going to say pertaining to that. I would like to make sure that you are using T5 HO fixture for your UVB lighting. I see you have a double dome which houses a heat bulb and compact UVB bulb. The compact bulbs are worthless though.
I have that because my fixture became defective after 2 weeks and still waiting on a exchange, rather he have no heat or uvb I chose to use this for the time being.. (No where around be sells the fixtures or bulbs unfortunately)

I use that just for glancing, I have a probe and a digital one as well... the guy I got my chameleon from houses his babies in the totes, I do have a fan on low facing the ceiling to keep ventilation going and make sure he has fresh air at all times. He gets 120 seconds of mistings every 2 hours while I’m at work and a constant dripper. He gets half in a cup and the other half he has no trouble hunting, once he has hunted most I then add to the cup. I make sure he hunts before cupping and he is fairly quick with the hunting so far. I’ve had him a month tomorrow, he is right at 3.5 months old I think.
Sounds good. U got all in control after all ....we are their 24/7 room service and we get stare by those 2 huge eye balls like we didnt do enough by the chams...and we still smiling n continue to clean their poops....life is great in the chameleon world for sure.

On the second note...they are the cutest thing besides a baby....we cant live without them....sometime I will sit around all day just waiting for them to speak.....not even a google translater can help...only 2 large cute eyeballs moving....dont mean to take up ur valuable time but i wish u the best of luck with Mavi.

Yes during the baby were sleeping and there are tankful un eaten crickets annoying the hell out of the babies.
Thats when I decided to take them all out right before the light shuts off.

I have that because my fixture became defective after 2 weeks and still waiting on a exchange, rather he have no heat or uvb I chose to use this for the time being.. (No where around be sells the fixtures or bulbs unfortunately)
Ok perfect I just wanted to make sure :)

No, I’ve always believed it to be a myth. So we’re they annoying them or actually biting them?
Since they are the pinhead crickets and there are no way to tell the bitemark there .... no way for sure on the babies....as far if in the adult cage my answer will be annoying only .....those pinhead cricket love to devour the vegetables when I had them n for sure I aint taking no chance at all!!!
20160130_181451.jpg

Since they are the pinhead crickets and there are no way to tell the bitemark there .... no way for sure on the babies....as far if in the adult cage my answer will be annoying only .....those pinhead cricket love to devour the vegetables when I had them n for sure I aint taking no chance at all!!!View attachment 226467
Cool, That’s what I was going to ask next... I’ve been searching for a provable documented case for years now with no luck. I certainly believe it’s possible, but so rare it may as well be a myth. I just can’t see it happening provided that there is anything other than the Cham in the closure. We all know crickets aren’t exactly the smartest creatures on this planet but I just cant see them being dumb enough to go attack the tree dragon that they’re trapped in a tiny box with! Not a good survival tactic!

I’m sure this post will trigger peoples love of proving other people wrong in short order. Prepare yourself for the tidal wave of stories to come!

Back
Top Bottom