Picked the name Mavi... updated pics of my boy.

Any way to get him more comfortable and not flare up when I try to feed him with tongs or by hand? Does it come with time? He don’t flare up if I’m just picking him up or moving something around, only if I have the tongs, could I put the tongs closer and closer into his enclosure day by day until they’re an everyday thing? Kinda let him get familiar with the sight of them?

I wouldn't use tongs. After seeing chameleons get their tongues stuck twice in a short span almost leading to injury, never again. Cup feed or hand feed.

Very excited to see some more updates the colors are very similar to my little guy also a red body blue bar ambilobe. After the last shed I'm starting to see more reds come in especially around the eyes @arizona28613 do you know what the sire and Dame looked like ?

Any way to get him more comfortable and not flare up when I try to feed him with tongs or by hand? Does it come with time? He don’t flare up if I’m just picking him up or moving something around, only if I have the tongs, could I put the tongs closer and closer into his enclosure day by day until they’re an everyday thing? Kinda let him get familiar with the sight of them?
In my experience...when the cham still young...I love to interact with them for certain amont of the time just for them to get use to me...I dont like them to be distance away from me and only look at me as their food supplier...I create a relationship with them when they about 3+ month old (not too young to handle) .
In between 4 to 5month I will place the individual cham on to the cup for them to cup feed with my presences.
I guess the younger they are the easy to mold them into your own routine.
20160727_100908-1.jpg
20160727_104207-1.jpg
20160728_162220-1.jpg
20161219_124903.jpg
20161219_124848.jpg

These are some of my old pics I found in this forum which I thought I lost them forever:rolleyes: I'm so glad I came back in this .

I wouldn't use tongs. After seeing chameleons get their tongues stuck twice in a short span almost leading to injury, never again. Cup feed or hand feed.
Even the bamboo ones? They’re quite smooth but I will definitely use other ways if it isn’t safe. I’m more looking to be able to put it up to his mouth and him take it rather than shooting his tongue for it if I am using the tongs.

Very excited to see some more updates the colors are very similar to my little guy also a red body blue bar ambilobe. After the last shed I'm starting to see more reds come in especially around the eyes @arizona28613 do you know what the sire and Dame looked like ?
Yes when I visited the breeder he spent about 2 hours showing me his set ups and his cams, his dad was an absolute beauty. He also had some that if I’m not mistaken are from a pair where the dad was an import and and the mom was introduced over night at a show to mate. His dad was absolutely beautiful!

In my experience...when the cham still young...I love to interact with them for certain amont of the time just for them to get use to me...I dont like them to be distance away from me and only look at me as their food supplier...I create a relationship with them when they about 3+ month old (not too young to handle) .
In between 4 to 5month I will place the individual cham on to the cup for them to cup feed with my presences.
I guess the younger they are the easy to mold them into your own routine.View attachment 226541View attachment 226543View attachment 226544View attachment 226545View attachment 226546
These are some of my old pics I found in this forum which I thought I lost them forever:rolleyes: I'm so glad I came back in this .
That’s so cute! I love when they’re that small! I was thinking of getting a couple eggs from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla for my birthday in April and see what I could get out of them. :)

Even the bamboo ones? They’re quite smooth but I will definitely use other ways if it isn’t safe. I’m more looking to be able to put it up to his mouth and him take it rather than shooting his tongue for it if I am using the tongs.
He should be using his tongue at every feeding, any other reason you don’t want him to shoot other than the tongs?

He should be using his tongue at every feeding, any other reason you don’t want him to shoot other than the tongs?
No I’ve just seen quite a few cam videos of them being fed either with tongs or by hand where they just reach out and bite the insect, he uses his tounge a lot. I love when I get to see him shoot his tounge, I just was worried because of the risk of injury that was mentioned.

His T5ho fixture came in the mail yesterday, and the Arcadia bulb will be here by the 6th if there are no delays in mail. Thank you guys for any and all help you’ve given me! I was told completely different about the compact lights and I will be confronting the person who had me spend $70 on a fixture and $60 in bulbs for there to be little to no UVB output on the dang things. His big boy enclosure is underway and will take a month or so to completion. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Lol

Forget all the manmade light bulb .I would get that cham some real sun ray....and the best part is....FREE AND LAST LONG!!!

Back
Top Bottom