Photographing Chameleons

Have you tried shooting the exact same shot with all of your WB settings for comparison? Adjusting for incandescent will cool your images down while adjusting for shade/clouds will warm them up.

I actually haven't tried the same shot. This coming weekend I have some extra time. I'll try that and see if I can't come up with some better pictures. Probably a new type of light too.

That actually looks like there is a cool cast to the image to me, but that could just be my monitor.

You might be right. I just feel like there is yellowing when I look at the colors on the boys. The blues seem more green and the reds more muted red/orange colors than my brain thinks they are just with the naked eye.

You might be right. I just feel like there is yellowing when I look at the colors on the boys. The blues seem more green and the reds more muted red/orange colors than my brain thinks they are just with the naked eye.
I've had images look cold and under-exposed on my laptop, then they look great on my desktop. That drives me a little insane, but not enough to get the software to compensate for the shift between the two.

I guess it is better
I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. Lol

It was actually pouring down rain when I was off work. Enough rain the drains in the road weren't draining quick enough to keep cars from driving in pools of water. Fun stuff ;)

I picked up a fluorescent lightbulb and messed with the white balance more. I actually got some pretty reds to come out in the pictures on Colt, one of the boys with more greens. Most of his pictures looked so orange so it was a nice change. The male I had pictures of above, Savage, he is young but still has some incredible red coloring already. He's new in the house but I'm excited to try to new light with him when he's settled more.

PS I didn't get them uploaded but will soon. Thank you all for the thoughts!

I would also recommend going with the lowest ISO that you can go with the conditions you are in, it raises the quality of the photograph, and all of my macro photography works with that.

Thank you. I didn't touch the ISO. I will try that this weekend too. Thank you for the help. I know I can't expect greatness with a cheap camera but I am sure I can do better than I have been.

I have the same yellowing problem on pics as you. I use my old v10 set to auto though as sadly, messing with all the controls is foreign to me haha! I took a pic last night that is sadly not what I had hoped would turn out with due to the yellow. Ares was a nice green with blue accents peeking through his umbrella plant. I can't wait until it warms back up so I can get Blue back outside for pics plus all the new babies too lol.

20180118_213331-1-1.jpg

I have the same yellowing problem on pics as you. I use my old v10 set to auto though as sadly, messing with all the controls is foreign to me haha! I took a pic last night that is sadly not what I had hoped would turn out with due to the yellow. Ares was a nice green with blue accents peeking through his umbrella plant. I can't wait until it warms back up so I can get Blue back outside for pics plus all the new babies too lol.

View attachment 198468

He's a handsome little guy. I can see the blue areas you were hoping for. The advice about ISO and additional lighting has helped. I haven't been able to mess with uploading them but I'm hopeful even with a $300 camera I can get some better pictures. I use to take pictures of our birds and never had these kind of color issues so I'm going to have to learn a lot more. I probably just need a photography class.

He's a handsome little guy. I can see the blue areas you were hoping for. The advice about ISO and additional lighting has helped. I haven't been able to mess with uploading them but I'm hopeful even with a $300 camera I can get some better pictures. I use to take pictures of our birds and never had these kind of color issues so I'm going to have to learn a lot more. I probably just need a photography class.

I wish I lived closer to my sister. I'd just beg her to come take my pics lol. I know she's had a couple of her chicken pics be selected for use in calendars. Here's some of her handy work.
Screenshot_2018-01-19-17-48-35-1.png

Back
Top Bottom