Pete is lacking color?

Coop

Avid Member
Pete is about 8 months old now, and he is dull with his colors. However, the instance he manages to get outside, being by him being taken out to clean or out to his tree, his colors come back and are extremely pretty. Why is this? Could it be the lighting or is it something else? I am unable to take photos as I am on a laptop

Do you have recent pics of Pete and his enclosure on the laptop you can add?

They will get much more vibrant outside in real sun. But he should be showing color inside as well. What type of lighting are you running on the enclosure?

Pete is about 8 months old now, and he is dull with his colors. However, the instance he manages to get outside, being by him being taken out to clean or out to his tree, his colors come back and are extremely pretty. Why is this? Could it be the lighting or is it something else? I am unable to take photos as I am on a laptop
How big is his enclosure? Could you post pics later? Maybe its just that he’s bored when he cant explore the outside so his colors change because he gets excited?

LOL we can start Zooming chams...

Away im guessing its a light or heat issue, with a minor if its a very "full" cage. No point in flaring if its a cool cloudy day, and you think no one can see you.

Sorry for no response. His cage is still the same one he had when I got him, and the plant that covered his upper cage died. He did have a heat issue a while back, but I fixed it quickly. I am going to upgrade his cage in two weeks, when I get back from camping with my family. I plan to buy a dragonstrand hybrid cage. I am running a zoomed basking spot light, at 50 watts. His uvb is a reptsun t5ho. His basking spot is 80 and his ambient is 70

Sorry for no response. His cage is still the same one he had when I got him, and the plant that covered his upper cage died. He did have a heat issue a while back, but I fixed it quickly. I am going to upgrade his cage in two weeks, when I get back from camping with my family. I plan to buy a dragonstrand hybrid cage. I am running a zoomed basking spot light, at 50 watts. His uvb is a reptsun t5ho. His basking spot is 80 and his ambient is 70
I do not remember what the cage looked like. Without plants he may be feeling insecure in the cage showing duller colors.

Thats what I assumed. Luckily, when his new cage comes, I have an entire 500 dollars to spend on plants. Im pretty sure ill never be able to see him in his little future jungle, but anything to make him happy.

Welp, just returned from camping. Guess he liked not having me around lol
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom