Petco Jackson's...

Thanks Carol we have his free range setup along with his outdoor area. I put everything into all of them so was thrown back with negativity so I appreciate your comment. afterall people decided for us it wasn't like we were in line to take in more but we will provide for him

I know he is going to be treated like a king like all of your chameleons! I don't think the comment was towards you...it was a joke towards Max. That is the way I took it anyways. In any event, so good of you to provide him a loving home.

I don't know what Decadancin has against me but it certainly seems he doesn't want the jax coming to the HOC so why??

No, no, no... I just love starting trouble for Mike :D. I'm torn between the great news of a Jax getting a well deserved good home, and the very real possibility that there will be another in the same predicament in a week. :mad: I can't wait to see pictures of his new home and, of course, the new addition, but any time I can give 'ole Max a hard time, I try to! (P.S., Mike, you know its all in fun, but you should always try to keep the wife happy!) I commend you for taking him in, and for all who were nice enough to help with the cause. I still have to remember that my humor doesn't always come across in text as funny as I think I am :rolleyes:.
My own little one came from Petco, and I wouldn't trade him for the world! You never know what they will turn out like, but its fun to find out! Best of luck with the shipping and hope he adjusts well. ;)

No, no, no... I just love starting trouble for Mike :D. I'm torn between the great news of a Jax getting a well deserved good home, and the very real possibility that there will be another in the same predicament in a week. :mad: I can't wait to see pictures of his new home and, of course, the new addition, but any time I can give 'ole Max a hard time, I try to! (P.S., Mike, you know its all in fun, but you should always try to keep the wife happy!) I commend you for taking him in, and for all who were nice enough to help with the cause. I still have to remember that my humor doesn't always come across in text as funny as I think I am :rolleyes:.
My own little one came from Petco, and I wouldn't trade him for the world! You never know what they will turn out like, but its fun to find out! Best of luck with the shipping and hope he adjusts well. ;)

The wife is always happy... :cool: but seriously, you and I are cool. :D

As much as everyone is trying to avoid buying from petstores you will never stop them from stocking chameleons. The only thing you can do is try educate them a bit. Maybe offer to setup the cages for their chameleons. If I see a petstore with a dodgy setup I always give them my opinion. Lately whenever I see chameleons in petstores here theyre actually in good condition and are receiving good care.

As much as everyone is trying to avoid buying from petstores you will never stop them from stocking chameleons. The only thing you can do is try educate them a bit. Maybe offer to setup the cages for their chameleons. If I see a petstore with a dodgy setup I always give them my opinion. Lately whenever I see chameleons in petstores here theyre actually in good condition and are receiving good care.

Agreed. Education is key. Keep fighting the good fight.

awesome of you to pick this guy up max. you did him a huge favor and saved his life. two thumbs up to you my friend.

I had seen a WC Mellers chameleon in the pet store for a month, I checked in weekly each time complaining about housing and what they should do. They listened but the poor little guy got an arm infection and died. I ALWAYS raise hell when I see a chameleon or any other reptile in the wrong setup. I've probably been to 10 pet stores to complain about housing for litterally everything from tarantulas to leopard geckos, beardies and of course chams.I saved a gorgeous ambilobe panther from petsmart, had to give him 2 kinds of meds and everything but I did save the little guy. I went back and told the whole story to a manager and I noticed there hasnt been any more chameleons in the store for the last 3 or so months.

I have to chime in on his thread because I think it's absolutely fantastic that Waldo will be heading to the HOC - in my opinion the perfect place for any Cham as I know they give all their beautiful chameleons the very best love and care possible! My only wish is that I had been online early enough to know money was being donated because I would have given as well!! :)

Great move Mike, getting Waldo to a home where he will be loved forever!!

I feel like throwing in my 2 cents as well, since I always want to rescue Chams. I recently (~2 months ago or so) took in my girlfriends Female Jackson who was being cared for by her dad's friend since her dad was currently away on business. Well, I guess I can start with saying that this would be my first Cham, ever. I had however spent the last 2-3 weeks vigorously researching Veileds as I enjoy a bigger species Cham, personally. Anyways, we ended up deciding to just move her Jackson's in instead of buying a Veiled. Boy did I make a mistake in thinking that a Jax would be just like a Veiled in care....She acts like a 16yr old girl.....Prissy, moody, and I still love her too death...Every day is a fight to get her to drink. But, like I said, I love her nonetheless and this is why we care for these guys (and girls). :)

Glad to see this Jax get a loving new home.

I didn't really think about posting anything here (and don't mean to hijack this thread), but I know of a male Veiled (Would have to go check for 100% accuracy, but colors suggest male) at a Pet Smart in my town who I estimate at about 8 months - 1.2 years old that is being kept in a GLASS tank that is MAYBE 6"W x 10"H x 8-10"D. Needless to say he almost takes up the entire cage height and width wise...Seems to be in healthy condition, no obvious signs of MBD or anything of the sorts. He is priced at $100. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone thinks that they may be able to help, please contact me. I will do everything I can to get this guy a new home but I don't have the money or room to care for a 3rd Cham right now :(

Sooooo this exact same thing happened to me. Now I have baby Apollo. I have been keeping an eye on him for about a month... He always greeted me like that. The last day I saw him, his horn had been broken and healed. That was too much. I know I shouldnt encourage them to replace him with another cham but it killed me and I took him home. He's very skinny and his legs aren't very strong at all. He's getting better, but it's only been about a week. He's waaaay happier being in his own cage . He was housed with a gravid looking female who I've visited again and her colors are way happier being alone. I asked them what happened to his horn they told me "it's just growing that way..." ...... Anyways, he is very happy now with his new mamas.
20180626_184918.jpg
20180626_184918.jpg
20180624_165421.jpg

This makes me want a Jackson’s. But I already have my plate full keeping my veiled happy, being a high schooler. :(

This makes me want a Jackson’s. But I already have my plate full keeping my veiled happy, being a high schooler. :(
We have our two veiled ladies also. They're quite a handful indeed. Especially since they're about to lay their eggs very soon. @__@
Here's Carmen being chubby and adorable
20180621_130627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom