Pet Store Shock

ColorChanginClick

So while visiting my girlfriend at Tech here in lubbock we went to a local pet store: Pets Plus, and to my amazement the veiled chameleon they had was in a 24x24x48 from LLL and not only that it had a big dripper, heat lamp with regular house bulb, linear UVB, live plant with vines all the way up and they even had it behind the register to minimize traffic :eek::eek::eek:. Then I got a pretty good laugh as well, I asked one of ladies working there how they found out about LLL and she had no idea what I was talking about, she said that some guy MADE the cages for them and charged them an arm and a leg HAHA, I informed her they were being taken for a trip and hopefully saved them some money which I normally would not like to do for a pet store but they seemed to take good care of the animals they had. Just thought I'd share a strange story, sorry so long.

as many bad petstores that are out there, occasionally some will do it right... or almost close to right....

pets inc. in arizona does it right, *herpmist mister on all there cages, UVB,heat lamp....

although they super over charge on there animals....thats toms downfall.

Very good to hear that they're taking good care of it so many pet stores are clueless. I'll be out there next weekend to visit my gf so I'll have to check in on it. That's the on that's down on University a little bit north of the loop right?

exactly, the one thing I did ask them to do was to try to raise the cage off the floor a bit. they have a couple lemurs too that are not for sale that seem pretty content with their enclosure and they also had a huge iguana that they rescued from some cruel owner and are nursing it back to health. If you haven't, try to check out Walter's World of pets, they have some really exotic animals (I would not support them however as I don't believe people should be allowed to purchase such animals) that are cool to at least check out its on 34th street in the low 3000 block.

id still be weary of petstore raised/held animals. keep in mind that even if the animal appears healthy, sometimes people come in with animals that can be carrying mites, ticks... all kinds of nasties as well.

any animal purchased from a petstore, id definatly reccomend a vet visit regaurdless.

id still be weary of petstore raised/held animals. keep in mind that even if the animal appears healthy, sometimes people come in with animals that can be carrying mites, ticks... all kinds of nasties as well.

any animal purchased from a petstore, id definatly reccomend a vet visit regaurdless.

And quarantine them from my others for a month.

I actually got my veiled there and that girl is mooses sister. I loved the store until I saw how they treated puppies. I saw three way underweight and dying boxers sittin in feces and no form of heat on them. We asked to buy them for what they paid and apparently they got them for free and would only sell for 400 each. We just wanted to warm them up and make sure they survived. We go there every few days and never saw the pups out..... There was also a rabbit under crates that the guy said must of jumped out and they were to lazy to catch

wait what pets plus is it in nj or pa

Neither, Lubbock TX.

Ya I used to live just north of Walter's, kinda crazy in there. That BBQ place next to it is supposed to be like one of the best in the country. I thought it was good but way overpriced.

LLL are the only stores selling screen cages... just so ya know....

They aren't the only store selling them. Just google "screen chameleon cage" and a bunch of places come up. I bought two from somewhere and I was amazed at how simple they are. If I need some more I may just build them.

I could make a screen cage that looks just like the LLL cages.. the guy probably is making them.

Ya my cage is hand made. The guy I saved Brody from gave me all the parts he bought to make a larger cage (he did some things right). He made the cage she is in now.

They aren't the only store selling them. Just google "screen chameleon cage" and a bunch of places come up. I bought two from somewhere and I was amazed at how simple they are. If I need some more I may just build them.

I think that was sarcasm :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom