Pedialyte once a month?

Would it be safe to offer your chameleons Pedialyte about once a month, as a precautionary measure for extra hydration? I don't see it as being a problem, but I'd just like to hear others thoughts on it.

sounds like it would be fine to me. When I showed goats we had to give it to them during shows if they got stressed out and weren't hydrated enough. I am new to chameleons though so I would be interested in what the vets say :)

I don't think it would hurt them,but as a general rule I keep things as natural as possible. I only use it when there is an obvious problem. I am sure your animals are hydrated enough.

I don't think it would hurt them,but as a general rule I keep things as natural as possible. I only use it when there is an obvious problem. I am sure your animals are hydrated enough.

True enough. If pedialyte were to get into the chameleons eyes if you mist with a hand mister, would it be harmful? I only use pedialyte on Wc animals with syringe orally, but just curious if it would be harmful by spray?

True enough. If pedialyte were to get into the chameleons eyes if you mist with a hand mister, would it be harmful? I only use pedialyte on Wc animals with syringe orally, but just curious if it would be harmful by spray?

That I would not gamble with to be on the safe side. Obviously they can absorb by spraying but I would stick with the pedialyte orally. This is of course one opinion of many you may get.

pedialyte has sugar in it, hasn't it?
if you spray it, will the cage attract ants?

I would limit pedialyte as emergency hydration only.
:):)

Back
Top Bottom